• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2022 MISSING FEATURES: Ambient Lighting & Differences In DEATC between 2021 and 2022 F-150s?

70Mach1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 on order
That's interesting since you ordered the same day as me (9-02-21).
I sat there with the salesman and we did the configurator on his computer to make sure it matched the one I did at home and it allowed skids and at no upcharge....this was verified a couple days ago when at the dealer,my Lariat will have skids but no other FX4 stuff.
He remembers our discussion about the slidplates and my comment that I wanted them since they didn't cost anything.
Guess i'll know in a week or so.

Darrell
Let me know if you get them as I will give my dealer grief for not adding it :). My truck is in route.
Sponsored

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
Glove box light and media bin part numbers have been looked up by @Hackintoshihope. we will be adding the media bin one soon, the glove box one we have yet to verify the cutout is there for the light to be added back in but i imagine it will be.

gonna quote myself here, the glove compartment light connector is no longer on the harness. @Hackintoshihope verified this. with that said I have built a harness that puts the media bin light and glove box light back in. I used the same connectors as ford so all you gotta do is get the lights. the glove box light on 21 F150s and the media bin light appear to time out, theres no switch to turn them on. my 22 super duty has a switch in the glove box, not sure about my media bin. the media bin and the glove compartment light and the center console light are all always on when the truck is running and will shut off after 10-15 mins(ive never timed it) when the battery saver times out.

thomhunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150, '96 F-150, '13 Fusion
gonna quote myself here, the glove compartment light connector is no longer on the harness. @Hackintoshihope verified this. with that said I have built a harness that puts the media bin light and glove box light back in. I used the same connectors as ford so all you gotta do is get the lights. the glove box light on 21 F150s and the media bin light appear to time out, theres no switch to turn them on. my 22 super duty has a switch in the glove box, not sure about my media bin. the media bin and the glove compartment light and the center console light are all always on when the truck is running and will shut off after 10-15 mins(ive never timed it) when the battery saver times out.
Great info! Are you going to be selling these harnesses as well? Also curious if there are existing cutouts/spots for the lights in the media bin and glovebox and if you have part numbers for the lights needed?

Nevadajack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Explorer, 2015 Ford F250, 2022 Ford F150
Occupation
Plumber
Not sure if anyone noticed, XLT 301a package used to include blinker lights in the side mirrors, now just black caps on the 22's. Either 302a or a stand alone option on 22's.

Sponsored

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
Great info! Are you going to be selling these harnesses as well? Also curious if there are existing cutouts/spots for the lights in the media bin and glovebox and if you have part numbers for the lights needed?
cutouts are still there, just need the lights @Hackintoshihope has them on order so hopefully part numbers will be verified soon. if theres interest in them ill sell them. my first one is shipping out tomorrow. I thought it would be possible to tie them in with the cup holder lights, but the +/- on the ambient lights seems to be hot at all times, the LIN is what keeps them from drawing power with the ignition off so sadly it would require 2 harnesses to put all this stuff back in.

thomhunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150, '96 F-150, '13 Fusion
cutouts are still there, just need the lights @Hackintoshihope has them on order so hopefully part numbers will be verified soon. if theres interest in them ill sell them. my first one is shipping out tomorrow. I thought it would be possible to tie them in with the cup holder lights, but the +/- on the ambient lights seems to be hot at all times, the LIN is what keeps them from drawing power with the ignition off so sadly it would require 2 harnesses to put all this stuff back in.
Thanks, definitely interested in a harness once part numbers are verified. So far I have the '21 style HVAC module and cupholder lighting on order so it would be great to get the other lighting installed at the same time.

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
Thanks, definitely interested in a harness once part numbers are verified. So far I have the '21 style HVAC module and cupholder lighting on order so it would be great to get the other lighting installed at the same time.

yeah youre gonna have everything apart might as well !!

DT400

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
79 Scout II, 90 Mustang gt, 95 F-150, 22 F-150
If you had a 2021 that never got scheduled, most people got a PCO to cancel and make a 2022 order. For me saving $3500 makes up for a few missing items.
I had a 21 that was never scheduled and got switched to a 22.
I was originally told I would get a $3,500 discount and then Ford reneged on the deal and I had to go all the way to the GM of my dealership and fight tooth and nail for 2 hrs to get what was promised to me.

As I understand it the $3,500 was because Ford could not fulfill the contract of delivering you a 21 truck. Not the fact that they removed many small features from the truck without even telling you.

Darrell

smyph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Stuff and thing
I had a 21 that was never scheduled and got switched to a 22.
I was originally told I would get a $3,500 discount and then Ford reneged on the deal and I had to go all the way to the GM of my dealership and fight tooth and nail for 2 hrs to get what was promised to me.

As I understand it the $3,500 was because Ford could not fulfill the contract of delivering you a 21 truck. Not the fact that they removed many small features from the truck without even telling you.

Darrell
That’s how I understand it too. It just eases the pain a little.

Sponsored

upslash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Honda Civic 290k miles
Got my truck today! I can confirm that tow tech package does NOT have the scale... yet! They said it will eventually. Im assuming that means job 2
20220105_200609.jpg
20220105_200448.jpg
Nice lookin' ride! Where did Ford announce that Tow Tech would be getting the scale included?

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Nice lookin' ride! Where did Ford announce that Tow Tech would be getting the scale included?
Latest Order Guide (1/3/22): Tow Tech (17T) does not include On-board Scales (55S); 2022 RV & Trailer Tow Guide comparison chart DOES show that Tow Tech package includes the scales. ?‍♂

unscheduled clean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 tremor
Someone posted a while back that it would be getting it. It is also on the tow tech for the lightning. So I asked my dealer about it.

upslash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Honda Civic 290k miles
Latest Order Guide (1/3/22): Tow Tech (17T) does not include On-board Scales (55S); 2022 RV & Trailer Tow Guide comparison chart DOES show that Tow Tech package includes the scales. ?‍♂
Got it. Probably a typo on the Towing Guide.

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
I made a big announcement over on FTE in my ambient harness thread. I dont want to get in trouble for linking or advertising here, but take a look guys.
Sponsored