• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Thank you and its been too the dealer multiple times and they do nothing I guess.
Honestly no surprise on that. After the struggle I've had just to get to the Power Up 2.1 equivalent I have no doubt they can't or wont spend that time on it. I've easily spent 16 hours in the drivers seat f*cking with this and I'm still battling to get up to Power Up 2.3 equivalent.

nicholsbradley

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Analyst
Honestly no surprise on that. After the struggle I've had just to get to the Power Up 2.1 equivalent I have no doubt they can't or wont spend that time on it. I've easily spent 16 hours in the drivers seat f*cking with this and I'm still battling to get up to Power Up 2.3 equivalent.
I just noticed you were in Houston as am I around city Center. I have some recalls being done Friday and me and Mac Haik Ford going to have a conversation.

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A | 3.5L EB
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
Well, I'm still waiting for my IPC to finish updating. It's at 20000 of 288xx blocks.
This sucks. I have a new-found appreciation for the dealers and why they have to keep our vehicles for so damn long.

Sponsored

Autofill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I have a general question about FDRS capabilities. Can it do modifications like FORscan?

I was also curious about these vcx nanos vs the mongoose+. It seems like those vcx nanos are super shady as far as the software being virus laden. If something gets flagged as a Trojan it’s probably a Trojan. I’m also not sure I even trust plugging that thing into a pc.

Is it a risk to use that versus the seemingly legitimate mongoose+?

Last but not least, I have an IPC that shows no valid part#or software#. It was this waysince I bought it. Is this normal? It also shows as being disconnected when you run connectivity diagnostics.

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
So the IPC update is done. I ran another network scan and don’t see the mentioned Sccm and GWM updates :(

Jaug

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
You have a chance on screwing it up just doing the updates so does it matter? PMI is easy, you'll be tricking it into thinking you replaced the module when in fact you didn't. Just follow the prompts as if you did replace it.

Remember, you're doing this at your own risk!
Soo basically I said screw it and was just going to let my license expire and leave the usb in. Had to run to the store quick and ill be damn if the update didn't trigger again. I had to wait in the parking lot at the store for a few minutes to get the restart. Went inside and set a timer for 15. Grabbed what I needed and headed out. Bam update completed. Thank you to everyone for the help. And yes just wait for it (1.7.1). Hopefully you get lucky and it happens sooner than later.

Started updating as fast as I can cause my license expires tomorrow and I have to work so can't do much tomorrow. Got two GWMs updated and then tried the TCU plus APIM. TCU went off and the APIM tried but keeps failing to download this one file. I am guessing a server issue. Hopefully I can try it again tomorrow night and get it go before my license expiries.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Hiya fellas, my VXC should be here in a few days, can someone check my VIN to see what adventures lay before me, TIA

1FTFW1E85MFB79913

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Cyber Security | Developer
Hiya fellas, my VXC should be here in a few days, can someone check my VIN to see what adventures lay before me, TIA

1FTFW1E85MFB79913
Not too bad. Do the Gateway (GWM) first and leave the IPC last.

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS Untitled2

Last edited:

Sponsored

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
My truck hasn't checked in with Ford for over 10 hours.
The welcome lighting and running boards aren't reacting when I walk up.

I'm not sure what's going on. I don't have any DTCs on any modules so It seems like the IPC update didn't create any errors.

I'm still pissed that there are no more updates for me. I want to enable BC dammit.
I can tell you that the IPC now has the same As-Built blocks as Job2. It goes to 1-14 now.
So I'm pretty certain this contains the BC graphics now in the cluster.
Since my SYNC system shows that the Hands-free is enabled maybe I just need the SCCM update.

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
My truck hasn't checked in with Ford for over 10 hours.
The welcome lighting and running boards aren't reacting when I walk up.

I'm not sure what's going on. I don't have any DTCs on any modules so It seems like the IPC update didn't create any errors.
@tonesto7
glad it went through. Any noticeable changes?

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Can anyone with a Job1 that is showing the SCCM update try to track down the VBF files and PM them to me?
I will flash them with Forscan or UCDS

The files are all stored in "C:\ProgramData\Ford Motor Company\FRDS\frds\data\vehicle_software"

you will need to determine which files are for the SCCM

Last edited:

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Cyber Security | Developer
Can anyone with a Job1 that is showing the SCCM update try to track down the VBF files and PM them to me?
I will flash them with Forscan or UCDS

The files are all stored in "C:\ProgramData\Ford Motor Company\FRDS\frds\data\vehicle_software"

you will need to determine which files are for the SCCM
I've already been through the update and although I see this under the STRATEGY folder: ML3T-14C579-AH there's no file extension and it's 194KB in size... it matches as to what FDRS states is the latest Software P/N for the SCCM
Sponsored

Last edited: