• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Phone as a Key issue

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Are all your connected services working? Blue cruise, connected nav, blue oval charge network?

OP
OP

white lightnin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
raptor
I have done absolutely everything. Just now I even factory reset the whole truck. I have removed the app from my phone after removing the truck. I even downloaded the app on my daughter's phone and signed in that way. I can't figure it out. My brother just came over and the only differences that we can see is under mac address I have "system updates" followed by hex codes and his is empty.

When I set up my profile I am unable to add a phone to my profile. His profile has his phone attached. I really think it is on the app side and not the truck side, but I am uncertain. His app looks different than my app a little bit. I am at a loss.

Sponsored

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Give Ford a call next week: ‪(800) 334-4375‬ maybe they can assist.

I had a problem where the connected services were stuck in pending activation status and they helped me out. PAAK worked before and after the Ford connect Reset they had me do.

DKZB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 1500
Phone as a key (PAAK) isn't available yet. There will be an OTA update at a later date to enable it. Nobody knows when this will happen.
Took delivery of my Lariat ER today. Set up phone as a key tonight. Left the key inside and took the truck for a spin with only my phone in my pocket.

To set it up, I sat in the truck with the actual key and turned it on. Then I followed the prompts on the Ford Pass app to activate. Pretty simple.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Took delivery of my Lariat ER today. Set up phone as a key tonight. Left the key inside and took the truck for a spin with only my phone in my pocket.

To set it up, I sat in the truck with the actual key and turned it on. Then I followed the prompts on the Ford Pass app to activate. Pretty simple.
What software version are you on?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
It was discovered this afternoon - there is a SW update for a module needed. It is apparently being included in the recent trucks and the rest of us will get it as an OTA update. The FDRS gurus compared trucks and modules - their info is here: https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...uck-using-just-the-passcode.11931/post-254649

Either you have it or you will have it - when ever Ford wants you to get it. If you don't have the prompts - then you don't have it yet.

There are some OTA update issues as we speak. There were a few Power Up updates in early August. Some are still waiting on a couple of those. The software is downloaded, but the updates aren't triggering. I think I can say it is a known issue by Ford. I don't know how long before we see it finally get triggered or fixed though.

I would believe that as those get remediated and Ford completes all of their testing that this module will be pushed to all of us and then we'll all have PAAK working.

PS - If you don't have or know what FDRS is, it is a tool to update SW in your truck outside of Ford's OTA pushes. It can be expensive and if you don't truly know what you are doing you can brick your truck.

Sponsored

jredondox

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
It was discovered this afternoon - there is a SW update for a module needed. It is apparently being included in the recent trucks and the rest of us will get it as an OTA update. The FDRS gurus compared trucks and modules - their info is here: https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...uck-using-just-the-passcode.11931/post-254649

Either you have it or you will have it - when ever Ford wants you to get it. If you don't have the prompts - then you don't have it yet.

There are some OTA update issues as we speak. There were a few Power Up updates in early August. Some are still waiting on a couple of those. The software is downloaded, but the updates aren't triggering. I think I can say it is a known issue by Ford. I don't know how long before we see it finally get triggered or fixed though.

I would believe that as those get remediated and Ford completes all of their testing that this module will be pushed to all of us and then we'll all have PAAK working.

PS - If you don't have or know what FDRS is, it is a tool to update SW in your truck outside of Ford's OTA pushes. It can be expensive and if you don't truly know what you are doing you can brick your truck.
hope Ford doesn’t do what they did to the early f150 and mach e builds. Took them forever to get the update

Reactions: GDN

Tomwilli2025

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Sales
I took delivery yesterday (Fri Sept 2nd) and was able to setup PAAK at the dealership. I only received one key fob. My Blend Date was July 27th.
Ford F-150 Lightning Phone as a Key issue Screenshot_20220903-060234

Slick68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rapid Red Lightning, 68 Mustang, 17 Road Glide
Phone as a key (PAAK) isn't available yet. There will be an OTA update at a later date to enable it. Nobody knows when this will happen.
I received my Lariat ER on the 26th of August and once I set it up (followed the prompts on the screen) my PAAK has been working flawlessly.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
It is being reported as working fine on many Lightnings delivered in the past couple weeks. And apparently a few wizards on this forum with older trucks got it to work using FORSCAN tricks.