• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Car Wash Embarassment

OP
OP

Revenge

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR, 2011 Flex
Is the whip antenna supposed to be removed I have went through at least 5 times with it attached? I also press the 30 minute timed neutral button is that not needed?
In my 2008 F-150 I always left the wip antenna on never had any issues. On the lightning I replaced the antenna with a small flexible 5 to 7 in antenna. I leave it on.
Sponsored

suldog99

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Energi, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Video Editor
So I took my tuck through the car wash for the first time and I made myself look like a fool. I really didn't think too much before pulling up to the entrance but when they told me to put the truck in neutral I had an OH CRAP moment. I forgot if I was supposed to use the neutral on the shifter or the neutral button so I went ahead and just used both. When they activated the wash the truck didn't move and the rollers lifted the driver side tires as they tried to move the truck. I couldn't figure out what was going on. They told me to put it in neutral blah blah blah and the rollers lifter the truck 2 more times. Truck in neutral, foot off brake, what could I be doing wrong? Then it struck me AUTO HOLD. I hurried to turn off auto hold in the settings menu but it would not disengage even though the setting was off. I then remembered when you press the throttle the auto hold turns off. Tried that and it didn't turn off. AHHHHHHH. They told me to put it in reverse and back up so they could reset the machine. So I backed up, reset car wash, pulled forward, put in neutral (on the shifter), auto hold turned off and this time there was no issue. Well at least now I have a clean truck and I know what to properly do next time. Silver lining, the credit card reader wasn't working properly so they gave me the car wash for free.

TL/DR: Ensure AUTO HOLD is off before entering a drive through car wash.
Same thing happened to me! Felt like such a fool. What makes it worse is that I worked at a car wash through high school and had to deal with these “idiots” who didn’t know how to go through a car wash! And here I come, king idiot!

Antdaddy

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black Lariat
Occupation
Tech
In my 2008 F-150 I always left the wip antenna on never had any issues. On the lightning I replaced the antenna with a small flexible 5 to 7 in antenna. I leave it on.
Any pics or links on replacing the big goofy antenna? I have two classic cars and removed the pointless antennas.

OP
OP

Revenge

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR, 2011 Flex