• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Autofill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I just ran through the FDRS updates for my new 23 lightning. Finished everything up but no GWM updates popped up or APIM etc. I’ve done this on a previous truck and typically they pop up right after clearing out what’s available. Is there a delay now? I’m on Sync 640. May 2 2023 build date.
Sponsored

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
I just ran through the FDRS updates for my new 23 lightning. Finished everything up but no GWM updates popped up or APIM etc. I’ve done this on a previous truck and typically they pop up right after clearing out what’s available. Is there a delay now? I’m on Sync 640. May 2 2023 build date.
i am in the same boat but talked to Ford’s escalation team today and they said mine (similar build date) would likely start seeing OTA updates in the next 30-60 days.

it sounded like they intentionally are prioritizing updates to the older stock first. But like now maybe the ‘23 are starting to see those they saw this summer? 🤷‍♂️

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Happy Ford is providing a bit more details in updates.
They still missed such a significant feature (Apple Maps EV routing) but at least other details are there. I don’t understand what they choose to include or not.

Autofill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
i am in the same boat but talked to Ford’s escalation team today and they said mine (similar build date) would likely start seeing OTA updates in the next 30-60 days.

it sounded like they intentionally are prioritizing updates to the older stock first. But like now maybe the ‘23 are starting to see those they saw this summer? 🤷‍♂️
Damn. Wish I would have known before I shelled out my $50. Oh well I got the PCM and all the rest done. That’s worth it.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
So first issue with me and updates to my lightning. Have a 2022 lariat always got the updates the day I would see them here on the forum I am a EAP member also.

Today I was just in the mood for a launch so at a red light I switched to sport mode and turned one pedal off. Rarely ever do this. When I hit the throttle the truck barely moved! All the sudden the main screen turned off and I got reduced power. Bar said 50% available power but no way it was even close to that. It took forever just to get up to 30 MPH. Pulled over at next spot turned the truck off and on and back to full power. But the screen just kept shutting off and restarting every minute or so. Have back regular power still but I’m thinking maybe this is an update bug?? Or could it have been me switched modes at a red light and having foot on the brake and the gas pedal. I wouldn’t think that would mess anything up. On the update page looks like I have 6.2 although I never got notified that update was complete. and it gives me the notes for 6.3 but it says not ready to install yet. Never had any issues before with reduced power or screen restarting before. (1 year in 28k miles) Btw Still have the wrench on not sure if this will go away on its own or not.

Anyone else have these issues?
That is not normal. The wrench is not a good sign. If you don't have an OBDII scanner, post or PM me your VIN so I can see what DTC's it's recording.

awilli1010

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 lightning, 22 maverick, old ass Harley.
Occupation
Retired Army, retired Government employee.
FYI, this one disabled the auto folding mirrors option for me. Similar issue happened on the Mach-E with its recent Sync update.
It did the same on my lightning.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
FYI, this one disabled the auto folding mirrors option for me. Similar issue happened on the Mach-E with its recent Sync update.
It did the same on my lightning.
By disabled do you mean just turned off but you can turn back on? Or permanently disabled/grayed out? For example, most updates always turn Brake Coach on for me but I can always turn it back off.

OP
OP
Warp Asylum

Warp Asylum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2023 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Engineer
By disabled do you mean just turned off but you can turn back on? Or permanently disabled/grayed out? For example, most updates always turn Brake Coach on for me but I can always turn it back off.
That's correct, I just had to toggle it back on in the vehicle menu.

Sponsored

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
First 3 drives with the Carplay EV route planner have gone fairly well! It is reasonable accurate and errs on the side of being pessimistic. For short around-town trips it is accurate enough for me to predict when I want to charge.

Took a 200 mile trip this evening and it predicted I'd arrive with 14%, but I actually arrived with 25%. Pretty happy with that. Tried a longer trip and it suggested charging stops, including using Tesla stations that have Magic Docks but not other Tesla stations.

I still need more data points but so far I'm pretty impressed with this feature.

One bug: When the car is fully charged to 100%, it seems to occasionally complain that the car is not reporting battery percentage, but as soon as the percentage falls to 99% it stops complaining about that.

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (Lariat). 2009 Escape Hybrid.
So first issue with me and updates to my lightning. Have a 2022 lariat always got the updates the day I would see them here on the forum I am a EAP member also.

Today I was just in the mood for a launch so at a red light I switched to sport mode and turned one pedal off. Rarely ever do this. When I hit the throttle the truck barely moved! All the sudden the main screen turned off and I got reduced power. Bar said 50% available power but no way it was even close to that. It took forever just to get up to 30 MPH. Pulled over at next spot turned the truck off and on and back to full power. But the screen just kept shutting off and restarting every minute or so. Have back regular power still but I’m thinking maybe this is an update bug?? Or could it have been me switched modes at a red light and having foot on the brake and the gas pedal. I wouldn’t think that would mess anything up. On the update page looks like I have 6.2 although I never got notified that update was complete. and it gives me the notes for 6.3 but it says not ready to install yet. Never had any issues before with reduced power or screen restarting before. (1 year in 28k miles) Btw Still have the wrench on not sure if this will go away on its own or not.

Anyone else have these issues?
Not to minimize it, (cause losing power would totally suck)….. but did you try giving Ford a recorded feedback when you were pulled over? 😂😂😂😂

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Great! Can't wait to see what useable features they've removed from the screen.

Top buttons smaller? Dumb.
Profile select on the top bar? Pointless.

Just give me the batt percentage on the dash and the newest bluecruise you promised in April.
They already did the battery percentage one.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
They already did the battery percentage one
Yes, some people have it, I do not.

I've been consistently last in getting updates, I should have it by next year at this rate. I appreciate getting only the most stable and refined updates but I'd rather be a tester and get all the cool widgets.
Sponsored