• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Front sensor blocked

WhipSticks

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Scientist
My 10/28 Build also does this sporadically.

Dave70

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
I got this for the first time after 7 weeks of ownership. " front right parking sensor blocked". It is interesting that it started happening after I had a car wash in the afternoon, then temps dropped to 16f overnight. Wondering if ice built up around the inside of the sensor. Parking in a warm work garage to see if it dries it out.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
I traded my 22 Lariat SR for a 23 Lariat ER and had this exact problem. After 1 week it was occurring regularly so I brought it in for service. They said they found one of the sensors was "pushed in" which was causing the error. No errors since they made the repair.

I do have another issue with the module that controls vehicle location, but they couldn’t replace that as it is on backorder with no release date.
How did you make out on that trade up to a ER?
How many real world miles did you gain?

PACSMAN

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
How did you make out on that trade up to a ER?
How many real world miles did you gain?
I made out well on the trade up. My dealer was great to work with. I knew that I really wanted the ER as I had one originally that was totaled when a driver decided to run a red light. To answer your question I'm seeing about an addtional 100 miles vs the SR.

Sponsored

Stalemate

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Mustang, 2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Utility Electrician
Turned mine back on after having it off for a couple days and haven't gotten the error again. Seems like it was related to the heavy rains we were having? Maybe?

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Turned mine back on after having it off for a couple days and haven't gotten the error again. Seems like it was related to the heavy rains we were having? Maybe?
Well, I’m dropping mine off at the dealership next week. The sensor error has been happening intermittently multiple times per day, or every other day, for about week. No rain perfect weather (high in the mid 70’s) lows in the 60’s
I don’t yet have 1,000 miles on it, and just want it fixed. Another weird issue- it overheated after starting and sitting in the driveway for about 1 minute. It’s only done that once. This truck is more computer than truck. It works. It doesn’t work. It has an error- one second later everything’s great.
Love the truck but the issues are adding up

Last edited:

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER (Sept ‘23 build)
I had this issue and one where when backing up it would think there’s an obstruction on my passage side and beep at me like crazy when there is nothing besides me. Dealer looked at it and says it’s a faulty module.

Apparently the truck keeps a log so they could see when the alerts triggered. They ordered a new module but naturally no idea when they’ll actually get it, just like the light bar on the hood that needs to be replaced!

Raynorgarnett

First Name
Raynor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I had this issue and one where when backing up it would think there’s an obstruction on my passage side and beep at me like crazy when there is nothing besides me. Dealer looked at it and says it’s a faulty module.

Apparently the truck keeps a log so they could see when the alerts triggered. They ordered a new module but naturally no idea when they’ll actually get it, just like the light bar on the hood that needs to be replaced!
Please keep us updated on the fix. I’ve had my truck for two months (~2,000 miles) and the dealer has already replaced the rear driver sensor because they stated that was the issue. However, I still get the ‘Parking sensor blocked’ error every other day and it isn’t consistent (morning, night, sun, rain).
The last time I brought it back to the dealer they told me they couldn’t replicate the error, so it’s good to know they can actually look at a log. If you can tell me what module they are replacing then I can pester my dealer for the same fix.
I absolutely love my truck, but I also agree that these new vehicles are more computer than truck.

RiqRod

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lighting Lariat extended battery
Occupation
Administration
Anyone having this issue that post on your dashboard every 3-5 minutes? I was told that an update would correct it come the new year.

Ford F-150 Lightning Front sensor blocked IMG_1149

Sponsored

Piquette

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
This happened to me during a slush/ice storm a few weeks ago. I stopped, got out of the truck and wiped off the round radar sensors on the front bumper. The problem went away.

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
A couple of weeks ago I washed my truck with the pressure washer. That same day my rear bumper sensors gave me a warning that they were blocked. The next day the issue cleared up. We had a wicked storm roll through Atlanta this morning and on my way home from work I now get front and rear sensors blocked and a speed sign recognition not available. Anyone else run into this?

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Sounds like many of the sensor alerts are just from defective sensors. OTH, the owner's manual specifically advises against pressure washing the truck cameras and sensors:
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...riat-‘emblem-door’-blew-off.17905/post-359961
Thanks. Seems like they dried out overnight and now fully functional for my commute. I dont understand why my 2021 F150 did not have problems with this but the Lightning does. As for the pressure washing, yes I avoid the sensors and cameras.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Or maybe its the IPMA update you haven't gotten yet? My sensor warning hasn't gone off since I did the update with FDRS last week. It might go off again, dunno...but so far it hasn't.
Ford F-150 Lightning Front sensor blocked SSM_52161
Sponsored