• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

46kWh at 60Mph on flat highway... Normal ?

WeedmanU

First Name
Manu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning 2023 ext.
Occupation
Cie owne
Hello everyone. It's not a really cold day. I M alone, no trailer and no extra weight. Since i got my update for my module the situation only degrading.

You think its normal ?

P.S. even if i don't have any MIL issues.

Ford F-150 Lightning 46kWh at 60Mph on flat highway...  Normal ? 1712198214305-3r
Sponsored

snowy_91

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Retired
4 is not really cold only in the north...the truck likes 21 degrees.

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Seems low. If my arithmetic is right you’re at 1.5 miles/kWh. That’s low for 63 mph unless accelerating uphill.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
1.35 Miles per KWH at highway speed outside temp of 39f

Lucky Larry

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning, RX 350, GMC SIERRA, Pontiac Solstice
its a little low but close to the 1.7 mi/kWh i had recently at about 105 km/hr and 4 degrees c. ( 65 mph and 39 F)

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
Hello everyone. It's not a really cold day. I M alone, no trailer and no extra weight. Since i got my update for my module the situation only degrading.

You think its normal ?

1712198214305-3r.png
I guess I will be the one to ask….how much climate control were you using? Was the road dry or wet? Are you rocking snow shoes or highway shoes?

All those will play a huge impact in your kW/mile.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
I love how the cruise is imperial but every other thing is metric
It's the option turned on to have speedo show in mph.

He is also showing trip 1, not this trip.

We don't know the tire type or tire pressure. Nor do we know the percentage of climate use and outside temp use.

I think everything is normal but that the owner hasn't quite grasped the concept yet.

Sponsored
OP
OP

WeedmanU

First Name
Manu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning 2023 ext.
Occupation
Cie owne
So, there was no wind and the road was dry. I was already at 60 mph on cruise control when I reset the trip.

The heater was set to 65°F on level 1, and I didn't use the heated seat. That was on a return trip of 200 miles.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
If you have a scanner, I would look at the energy use and mileage to verify guessometer. And repeat the experiment on a different day.

p.s. In a recent trip, I went as low as 1.8 mi/kWh at 80 mph. So that number sounds low to me.

Last edited:

Dan C

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 lightning lariat, 2022 Chevy bolt
Occupation
retired

You think its normal ?

1712198214305-3r.png
Generally I gst around 1.6 to 1.8 at 70 mph at 65 degrees f Better when it warms up. Tires are at 42 psi. I havent noticed climate controll being that big of a hit.

columbiaskier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
So many possibilities. If it was colder at night and was parked outside then you’re starting with a cold battery and vehicle. You turn it on and let it warm up for 6 minutes then you drive for 5 minutes. It’s kWh per 100 km, not kWh. So if you’ve only driven a short distance after a warm up it’s going to be a big number. Anyways don’t know your scenario just hypothesizing…

Newton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW e-Golf, Lariat SR, Kia EV6, Toyota T-100
There is an Energy Used screen that is almost but not completely useless - you can see how much of the energy is actually being used for transport rather than climate or battery heating. Of course it is only percentages because Americans don't like scary numbers like kWh and are scared by graphs, but it is a place to start. It doesn't show instant usage, only trip usage.

You need a longer section of driving, preferably both ways to get any indication of what is really going on. You can drive yourself mad looking at short distances. Yesterday I briefly was getting 4 mi/kWh in warmish weather. I have seen .5.

Ultimately there is no real need to worry about it, those of us on the forum are interested in the tech and the ideal way of treating the car and how to maximize our range. EVs are pretty tough it turns out, first generation Leafs had terrible battery management and I see those driving around every day. If you get a bad cell or some component fails, that's life - but I have not seen any indication that there is much that goes on that gives you a pre-warning of such a rare and unfortunate event. Everybody with a problem comes to the forum, so problems are less common that it appears from the internet.
Sponsored