• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Front sensor blocked

PAndaemonium

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Ford Lightning XLT ER
Got a new gateway module, and IMPA update. Still get the error.
Sponsored

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Got a new gateway module, and IMPA update. Still get the error.
Sigh I guess I shouldnā€™t get hopes up. Dealership telling me theyā€™re waiting for ford to send them the module file update today. They should have it done tomorrow. I think I rather just deal with it until next service which is 10k miles (currently 1700 miles) if they canā€™t get it fix this time around.

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Got it back from dealer yesterday after new module and updates but still having sensor issue.

Raynorgarnett

First Name
Raynor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I had the rear sensor error since last Nov when I bought the truck. The first time to dealer in Dec they replaced a rear sensor but issue persisted. Two weeks ago I brought it back in and the dealer replaced the ā€˜otherā€™ left rear sensor. Apparently it (rear sensor) had internally failed.
For two weeks I am error free. I think they may have got it on the second try.
Ps, I did bring up the IMPA reset but the dealer stated the diagnostic tool told them not to go that route.
Good luck getting the annoying error fixed. I love my truck but this minor issue has been really irritating.

Jamchampnate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning
Is someone in here able to check my vin and see if I have an upcoming update that fixes this? I just had gateway module AND TCU replaced all my FordPass issues are fixed but Iā€™m having the front sensor issue nowā€¦

Sponsored
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Raptor R, 2020 Ford GT, 2005 Ford GT
8 months here and twice to dealer (last time was in January) still getting that stupid, super annoying error message as well. Patiently waiting for software update to fix it but I am not very confident they will be able to. Redonkulous.

Lewisb01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I just got my truck 5 hours ago delivered from the Ford dealership and drove it around the block doing my pre inspection and the front sensor error started coming up and front camera going off with nothing around me. I told the dealer they can come pick it back up and fix it. Way too much money spent to have an issue in the first minute of ownership.

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
I just got my truck 5 hours ago delivered from the Ford dealership and drove it around the block doing my pre inspection and the front sensor error started coming up and front camera going off with nothing around me. I told the dealer they can come pick it back up and fix it. Way too much money spent to have an issue in the first minute of ownership.
I couldnā€™t agree more. Such a simple thing which, I think, Makes it even more annoying that they donā€™t care enough to fix it.
Fortunately, and I have no conclusive idea why, but after going off what seemed like 100x in the first month and a half of ownership, and a trip back to the dealer (no help whatsoever) the issue simply vanished. I can only assume it was a software fix, but who knows. Weather great where I live, no snow or mud.
Good luck

Lewisb01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I couldnā€™t agree more. Such a simple thing which, I think, Makes it even more annoying that they donā€™t care enough to fix it.
Fortunately, and I have no conclusive idea why, but after going off what seemed like 100x in the first month and a half of ownership, and a trip back to the dealer (no help whatsoever) the issue simply vanished. I can only assume it was a software fix, but who knows. Weather great where I live, no snow or mud.
Good luck
Truck was picked up today. We'll see what the resolution is.

Charlieman22

First Name
Ned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER, towing package.
Occupation
Home builder/ Fabricator
Brand new '23 delivered yesterday.
Phantom "sensor blocked" when stoping - with or without vehicle even in front of me.
Put me on the list of the frustrated.

First ford - coming out of a diesel RAM.
Truck is otherwise fantastic.
Hard to believe its festered for this long with no fix.
Strips a fair amount of new car euphoria/ brand glow.

Not sure I want to hand back to dealer for error code reading.
Mine apparently outside the MMS - but little confidence Ford has a fix.
Want to avoid more frustration/ lengthy stay at dealer - until they know what their doing.

Sponsored

CypherBlue

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
I bought mine 4/5. It was giving the parking sensor error since the test drive. But they told me it would resolve after a wash because the sensor was dirty. It did resolve for a bit when I took it home but it comes back. I found the TSB and I have been hoping an OTA update would have resolved it but I have only received 4.2.1.1 since. Is it worth it to take it to the dealer for a diag and fix? Can they really do anything at the moment?

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Raptor R, 2020 Ford GT, 2005 Ford GT
I took mine to another stealership after the one I purchased it from could not fix it. They said I was under a recall and they had the truck for a week. Then said no parts available. I asked them to fix the annoying front parking sensor issue and they then said it looked like I had hit something and it wouldn't be covered. It had some sort of sticky suff on the front and it was dirty so it looked like a long scratch. I informed him of the ongoing issue and he finally said they would cover it but would have to order the sensor. I explained to him that it wasn't going to resolve the issue and to do a google search on the problem. I finally got the truck back after 8 days with no loaner and nothing was done to it. I am considering taking the lemon law route as they obviously can't fix my truck here in Tampa. If anyone knows who can fix it, please spill the tea! Don't take to Bill Courie nor Veterans. Service folk are clueless.

cranesrule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I had consistent parking sensor errors from day 1 with my 23 Lariat ER - they were very frequent and I could repeat them on demand with a quick stop in traffic or in a parking lot.
These were completely resolved by the dealer performing PSCM and IPMA updates to the truck per the Ford bulletin. I know some of you have had this done and are still having issues, however mine stopped immediately. Hope you guys find a resolution, this was extremely irritating in a brand new truck and I am super glad the issue is gone.

Charlieman22

First Name
Ned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER, towing package.
Occupation
Home builder/ Fabricator
Interesting.
my dealer told me there were no bulletins for my truck. 23 Lariat ERā€¦

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER (Sept ā€˜23 build)
I gave my dealership the below, they did the software update and appears to have fixed the issue for meā€¦

SSM 52161 2022-2023 F-150 Lightning - Equipped With Front Park Aid (Minor Feature Code HNLAB) - Inoperative Front Parking Sensors With Front Parking Sensors Not Available Sensors Blocked See Manual Message In The Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC)
Some 2022-2023 F-150 Lightning vehicles equipped with front park aid (minor feature code HNLAB) may exhibit an inoperative front park aid feature with a Front Parking Sensors Not Available Sensors Blocked See Manual message in the IPC without any diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) associated with the condition. To confirm a vehicle is built with a certain minor feature code, review the build information by double-clicking the vehicle identification number (VIN) in the upper left corner in the Professional Technician System (PTS). This may be due to the software level of the image processing module A (IPMA) and/or the power steering control module (PSCM). To correct the condition, reprogram the IPMA and the PSCM using the latest software level of the Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS) diagnostic scan tool. For claiming, use causal part 14G647 and applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.

NOTE: The IPMA software update that addresses the symptom listed in this bulletin may have been sent via Ford Power-Up software updates delivered over-the-air (OTA) to connected vehicles that have automatic updates enabled through the center display screen. Enter the vehicle identification number (VIN) in Professional Technician System (PTS) and check the OTA Dashboard under the Connected Vehicle tab for OTA update history. If an update to the IPMA has successfully completed recently and the customer is reporting the symptoms are no longer present, this article may not apply.
Sponsored