• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tesla adapter ETA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Our adapter is scheduled for July but will be a worthless brick as our travel routes have nothing but V2 chargers. I see zero evidence that any of those V2 chargers will be updated anytime soon if ever. I really dislike the e-douche
Sponsored

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
Not expecting my free adapter any time soon..

Hey, almost same order # !
5136 here.

Using A2Z the past 3 months and Tesla Superchargers have been a dream!

Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 11.33.39.jpeg
Seems like you must have been at the top of your pack as 25kWh in 30 minutes is pretty slow delivery (roughly 50kW). All that said, I agree, the price to pay for the A2Z is small considering the charging options it opens up with the supercharger network.

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
I am nervous using 3rd party adapters that are not officially approved by Ford or Tesla yet…I know they are probably ok but they connect to one of the most expensive parts of the truck and I don’t want to loose my warranty if something goes awry with the non Ford adapter…

Mine was May and shifted to June - keeping fingers crossed.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I am nervous using 3rd party adapters that are not officially approved by Ford or Tesla yet…I know they are probably ok but they connect to one of the most expensive parts of the truck and I don’t want to loose my warranty if something goes awry with the non Ford adapter…

Mine was May and shifted to June - keeping fingers crossed.
People have been using devices like Tesla Tap Mini on non-Tesla EVs for many years. A2Z tested their device, and put in features that would shutdown charging if there is excessive heat or similar.

ddimit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla model S 2023 F150 Lightning Lairat
Occupation
Manager
I mean, it's Tesla sending these out so June really mean whenever Elon says so....
Somehow figured this would turn into a Giant Cluster F*&k. I ordered the A2Z the day Ford announced it. I have had the A2Z over a month now and glad I have it. I have used on both my Ford and Rivain for trips so far this summer.

Would it have been a big deal to have the adapters already produced and sitting in a warehouse ready to go when you announced?

This rollout has been a mess and caused many to buy 3rd party adapters to meet their needs

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Somehow figured this would turn into a Giant Cluster F*&k. I ordered the A2Z the day Ford announced it. I have had the A2Z over a month now and glad I have it. I have used on both my Ford and Rivain for trips so far this summer.

Would it have been a big deal to have the adapters already produced and sitting in a warehouse ready to go when you announced?

This rollout has been a mess and caused many to buy 3rd party adapters to meet their needs
Yes, it would have.

This was announced LAST YEAR. Ford/Tesla turned the capability on on Feb 29th. Clearly someone thought there would be more adapters ready sooner. Were they supposed to not turn it on when it was ready to go?

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
People have been using devices like Tesla Tap Mini on non-Tesla EVs for many years. A2Z tested their device, and put in features that would shutdown charging if there is excessive heat or similar.
Understood - it’s just a risk I really don’t want to take at the moment -fortunately I don’t have a ton of long-haul’s planned anyway and the charging infrastructure for CCS is pretty decent where I do need to go so I can wait patiently. 😬

I am very happy to hear that the third-party adapters are working well for people that are using them and I’m sure they will be official soon.

Last edited:

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They won't ever be official.

Reactions: kab

RyZac

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 ER Lariat w/Max Tow
I give Elon/ Tesla a lot of leeway since if it wasn’t for them do you think there would even be a F150 Lightning currently?
EV’s would still be back at one econobox offering from a few manufacturers with NO charging network.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat

Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Like him, indifferent, or hate him. I think most agree Elon is a bit erratic and sometimes harsh in behavior. It has explicitly been said that 3rd party adapters are not authorized by Tesla or Ford.

With that said, I would personally be a bit the potential of a ban of use of the supercharger network due to use of a 3rd party adapter.

Yes, I know "it's a dumb adapter" but, Ford at a minimum and potentially Ford & Tesla know who has received an authorized adapter. A vehicle frequently charging that has not received an authorized adapter could certainly raise some flags....

That said, an authorized adapter could easily be borrowed to use with other EV's so probably not a viable method of banning.

Though, Im not sure I'd be running around on the internet saying I used a non-authorized adapter.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Our adapter is scheduled for July but will be a worthless brick as our travel routes have nothing but V2 chargers. I see zero evidence that any of those V2 chargers will be updated anytime soon if ever. I really dislike the e-douche
I find it a bit ironic that so many are desperate to get access to Tesla's network, yet they criticize Elon for absolutely everything and name call him specifically.

Why isn't Robert Barrosa an "e-douce" for running what many ev owners consider to be a completely inept company?

Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla adapter ETA? Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 12.12.34 PM

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I find it a bit ironic that so many are desperate to get access to Tesla's network, yet they criticize Elon for absolutely everything and name call him specifically.

Why isn't Robert Barrosa an "e-douce" for running what many ev owners consider to be a completely inept company?

Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 12.12.34 PM.png
Really?

Guy has been CEO for 4 days.

You equate him with Musk? LMFAO

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Really?

Guy has been CEO for 4 days.

You equate him with Musk? LMFAO
lol... I didnt realize that. my bad I Should have read closer. I saw the "since 2018" and figured that was the case as CEO.

Either way my point is why dont the Electrify America or EVGo CEO's take the hate? Should that not be where it is being directed?

Last edited:

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
lol... I didnt realize that. my bad I Should have read closer. I saw the since 2018 and figured that was the case.

Either way my point is why dont the Electrify America or EVGo CEO's take the hate? Should that not be where it is being directed?
Looks like the former CEO "failed upwards". Cause of course....

"Electrify America’s current president and CEO Giovani Palazzo joined in 2018 and was a part of the network’s first rollout of EV charging stations, helping grow EA to over 800 stations home to 3,500 chargers in his five year tenure.

Before he was Electrify America’s CEO, Palazzo was the head of electric mobility at Volkswagen Group. Today, EA announced that Palazzo will move to a position as chairman so he can rejoin VW Group as an executive, vacating his presidential desk for Rob Barrosa."
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.