• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

V4 with MAGIC DOCK... brand new installation near ORLANDO

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
Ford F-150 Lightning V4 with MAGIC DOCK... brand new installation near ORLANDO V4 units.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning V4 with MAGIC DOCK... brand new installation near ORLANDO V4 cabinets.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning V4 with MAGIC DOCK... brand new installation near ORLANDO V4 with contactless card reader and screen

Ford F-150 Lightning V4 with MAGIC DOCK... brand new installation near ORLANDO V4 MAGIC DOCK built in

WaWa station: corner of JOHN YOUNGS Parkway and EDGWATER Drive, north ORLANDO
Sponsored

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
There have been other sites opened recently with V4s and Magic Docks that Tesla has not enabled the Magic Docks. The site in Suffolk, VA opened a few months ago and it is only available with an adapter. Tesla is probably holding back to try to get NEVI money in the future.

Ford F-150 Lightning V4 with MAGIC DOCK... brand new installation near ORLANDO EC373668-A1E0-4C1C-BC08-D7FB2504559F

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT ER, 22 Tesla Model 3, 03 C5 Z06
Occupation
Geologist
They are currently installing some v4s right down the street from me in Orange County California. I should swing by and see if they are equipped with magic dock.

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
There have been other sites opened recently with V4s and Magic Docks that Tesla has not enabled the Magic Docks. The site in Suffolk, VA opened a few months ago and it is only available with an adapter. Tesla is probably holding back to try to get NEVI money in the future.
Maybe that, or maybe Tesla is having the same problems with connector tolerances on their adapters that other manufacturers are...

Sponsored

mmcguirk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Do these V4s have longer cables?

OP
OP
hturnerfamily

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
yes, all V4's have a much longer cable, thicker, too... there are several videos on this subject.

This will no longer be an issue with us 'other' CCS vehicles with charge ports in various places...

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Why do they still design them perpendicular to the spot and not parallel inbetween spots? SMH.

OP
OP
hturnerfamily

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
I think the design with these new V4's is that the cable is long enough to satisfy any vehicle, whether backing in for the driver back, like Teslas, or backing in with our KIA EV9, on the PASSENGER back, or whether pulling in forward with our LIGHTNING - should reach with no issues.

and, interestingly, even though the cable originates from the holster on the RIGHT hand side, the cable actually wraps down and under the V4 cabinet and back up the LEFT hand side, giving you much more footage of usable cable, no matter which 'side' you need it on... someone posted on a video that it actually reaches HALF WAY back into the parking space... that would be like near our driver door handle.

Last edited:

roddiaz1

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER Carbonized Grey
Does anybody know if any of these V4s are operational?
Thanks!

Sponsored

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Does anybody know if any of these V4s are operational?
Thanks!
The one I posted above is operational and there are others. Keep in mind that none of these are true V4, they are only V4 dispensers connected to V3 power cabinets. Tesla hasnโ€™t rolled out any full V4 sites in the US but I think there are some in Europe.

OP
OP
hturnerfamily

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
referring to V4 new installation N Orlando at WaWa: not sure. Yesterday they were waiting on the final electrical inspection, but I will check again in a few days...

as to the install, one thing I noticed: no barriers or bollards.

since these units sit at the 'road facing' curbside of the Wawa station, with hedges between the curb and the ditch/roadway, I suppose they didn't 'need' any concrete barriers, maybe...

Ford F-150 Lightning V4 with MAGIC DOCK... brand new installation near ORLANDO no bollards WAWA Orlando.JPG

roddiaz1

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Keep in mind that none of these are true V4, they are only V4 dispensers connected to V3 power cabinets.
Ah, Man!
I got all excited there.
Well, itโ€™s a small step forward.
Thanks for the clarification.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Ah, Man!
I got all excited there.
Well, itโ€™s a small step forward.
Thanks for the clarification.
I think the only thing that V4 has over V3 is 1000V capability. That wonโ€™t help us Lightning owners.

roddiaz1

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think the only thing that V4 has over V3 is 1000V capability. That wonโ€™t help us Lightning owners.
I was under the impression that with V4, we would be able to achieve our top charging speeds (325 kWh?). Whereas with V3 most Of us are getting 150-220 kWh. But, I could be mistaken since I get most things piece meal through these forums. (Havenโ€™t found a book on all this EV charging).
Sponsored