Sponsored

Alternative to Police "Dark Mode"?

ptricky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I'm looking for alternative settings that are similar to dark mode, but not as extreme permanent as a Forscan edit.

Dark mode functions amazingly, but always having the cabin lights locked out, not having the turn signals flash on lock / unlock is a bit of a disappointment. Plus, having the approach lighting permanently disabled is a bit of a bummer. I like those features (when I'm not trying to be a good campground neighbor).

In my ideal scenario there would be a way to enable dark mode with a hard button (like the cabin light button in the headliner) or on the touch screen (like the approach lighting setting). Having to enable / disable via Forscan is impractical.

What works without enabling dark mode:
  • The proximity approach lighting can be disabled via the touchscreen on demand.
  • The cabin lights have the physical lockout button on the headliner.

What's appears to require the "dark mode" setting:
  • Parking lights on door open.
    • Happens even when lights are set to off and vehicle coded to stay as set and not default to auto.
  • Mirror lights (puddle lights) on door open.
  • Bed lamp on door open.

For what it's worth, the "silent mode - vehicle" setting appears to do the same thing as police dark car mode.
Sponsored

Last edited:

catfishkid1986

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1987 F150 Lariat, 2005 F150 XL, 2021 F150 PB Laria
Occupation
Material Handler
What is the silent mode, and does it require forscan? I am because when I go out to hunting spots, I'd like to not have all the sounds and lights happen where I park.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
What is the silent mode, and does it require forscan? I am because when I go out to hunting spots, I'd like to not have all the sounds and lights happen where I park.
From just Googling it, it does look like a forscan feature.
Sponsored