• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Azure Gray Metallic Tri-Coat Touch Up?

Lucky26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
So I recieved my 2023 Lightning Lariat in Azure Gray Metallic Tri-Coat which I love. And wouldnt you know it, I got a tiny scratch inside the bed on the tailgate. It is not visible from the outside but would prefer to touch it up and coat it to keep it from getting worse. Ive never had to do a touchup before. Anyone have any sugestions for touching up Azure Gray Metallic Tri-Coat? The mark is tiny but not just a line scratch. Its about half the size of a pea. No dent in the metal, just paint off the top. Any thoughts or feedback would be helpful.
Sponsored

srspring551

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat 2023 ER, delivered 10-28-23
Would also like a short primer on boo-boo touch-up. Paint source, prep, etc.

jpepper07

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F150
So I recieved my 2023 Lightning Lariat in Azure Gray Metallic Tri-Coat which I love. And wouldnt you know it, I got a tiny scratch inside the bed on the tailgate. It is not visible from the outside but would prefer to touch it up and coat it to keep it from getting worse. Ive never had to do a touchup before. Anyone have any sugestions for touching up Azure Gray Metallic Tri-Coat? The mark is tiny but not just a line scratch. Its about half the size of a pea. No dent in the metal, just paint off the top. Any thoughts or feedback would be helpful.
Is it inside of the bed? I wouldn't bother. There is no way you can safely protect the bed from other scratches unless you put some type of liner in it. A bed rug, plastic bed liner, or a spray-in liner.

You will have scratches and dings everywhere unless the only thing you throw in the bed is laundry without metal zippers on it.

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER (Sept ā€˜23 build)
Ford sells touch-up paint ā€œpensā€ā€¦. Can google it or go to fordparts.com

OP
OP
Lucky26

Lucky26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford sells touch-up paint ā€œpensā€ā€¦. Can google it or go to fordparts.com
Thx. I was looking on ford accessories but this has what I need. Thx.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lucky26

Lucky26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Is it inside of the bed? I wouldn't bother. There is no way you can safely protect the bed from other scratches unless you put some type of liner in it. A bed rug, plastic bed liner, or a spray-in liner.

You will have scratches and dings everywhere unless the only thing you throw in the bed is laundry without metal zippers on it.
I hear you. Itā€™s on the inside of the tailgate but toward the top. Itā€™s not terrible and yes the bed will get dinged. But I canā€™t help wanting to cover this first one.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Iā€™m also looking for a touch-up paint pen in azure gray metallic. Can you post a link to purchase? Iā€™ve been unable to find where to order on ford parts.

OP
OP
Lucky26

Lucky26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles