• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Camera alert on rear facing camera

Scott P

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
lightning
Occupation
advertising
Camera alert while towing. Does anyone know how to turn off the alert (for lack of a better word) “full view not available”that entirely blocks the important view on the rear camera while towing. I’m not even sure what it’s referring to, but the fact that it’s placed in big ugly Ford like letters across the screen Makes the rear camera nearly useless if you’re trying to watch your trailer load. See photo attached.
Ford F-150 Lightning Camera alert on rear facing camera IMG_1304
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Yea, it can be done with FORScan.

Ford F-150 Lightning Camera alert on rear facing camera 1727453151916-vy

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Ford should be embarassed that end users have had to fix this problem. The lightning has been out for over 2 years now and no official fix for this. Not everyone is savvy to using FORScan, so they have to endure that ridiculous message.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Ford should be embarassed that end users have had to fix this problem. The lightning has been out for over 2 years now and no official fix for this. Not everyone is savvy to using FORScan, so they have to endure that ridiculous message.
I don't disagree with you that this should have been removed based on customer demand by now. I also agree that FORScan should be treated with respect when doing something complicated. However, this is not a complex procedure and I would encourage you and any one that wants to get rid of that crap to do it. It does not get easier than this and is a great way to break the FORScan ice with something very simple to do. I'd be more than willing to help anyone that wants to do it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Scott P

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
lightning
Occupation
advertising
Thank you! I am totally mechanically geeky so I don’t have any worries about learning FORscan. Of course I was apprehensive there for a minute because it’s just another thing on my list, but you’ve totally encouraged me that I should order the software and the interface gizmo. Thank you for your encouragement! It looks like I have to get the “extended version“ of FORscan. Is that right? I haven’t looked at the pricing, but if it’s really able to do a lot of different stuff, it’s worth it! Right?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thank you! I am totally mechanically geeky so I don’t have any worries about learning FORscan. Of course I was apprehensive there for a minute because it’s just another thing on my list, but you’ve totally encouraged me that I should order the software and the interface gizmo. Thank you for your encouragement! It looks like I have to get the “extended version“ of FORscan. Is that right? I haven’t looked at the pricing, but if it’s really able to do a lot of different stuff, it’s worth it! Right?
You do not; the free 2-month license will work. However, the one year license is only $12, so feel free to get the paid license and support the FORScan project.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Ford should be embarassed that end users have had to fix this problem.
I figure that like the glare free headlights, there is some legal reason, accurate or not, that keeps Ford from fixing this. The point of the message is that this doesn't replace your rear-view mirrors, it doesn't show you blind spots. So it's not the full rear view. I've heard people talk about folding in mirrors to improve range, and depending on camera views. My guess is that this message is to discourage that.

Firn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro ER
Some mentioned that because so many people ask Ford issued a memo to dealers basically saying "Working as intended"
Sponsored