• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ceramic coating legit or scam?

Krock7360

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Scam or legit ??? what is a good price ? Let me know your thoughts, never had it done.
Sponsored

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
Scam or legit ??? what is a good price ? Let me know your thoughts, never had it done.
No its legit. 6-12 month coating should be around 300 if it needs little or no paint correction. 2-3 year with paint correction is around 800 and up normally. I've had all my vehicles done its great stuff. I only do 6-12 month coating and have it done once a year.

OP
OP
Krock7360

Krock7360

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
No its legit. 6-12 month coating should be around 300 if it needs little or no paint correction. 2-3 year with paint correction is around 800 and up normally. I've had all my vehicles done its great stuff. I only do 6-12 month coating and have it done once a year.
Thank u !!!

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Thank u !!!
I’ve never had a ceramic coat done, but I intend to do so on this truck as it will spend a lot of time outside. My research seems to show it is expensive, but legitimate.

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
I’ve never had a ceramic coat done, but I intend to do so on this truck as it will spend a lot of time outside. My research seems to show it is expensive, but legitimate.
It's great! If your truck sits outside alot cerimic IR window and windshield tint is another great protectant against uv rays especially if in a hot climate.

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's great! If your truck sits outside alot cerimic IR window and windshield tint is another great protectant against uv rays especially if in a hot climate.
I am considering that as well. What is your opinion on ceramic vs IR tint?

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
I am considering that as well. What is your opinion on ceramic vs IR tint?
Get the combo they sell Cermic IR combined tint. It's great stuff!

rlell

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mustang GT, 2020 Explorer ST, 2021 F-150
Legit. As others commented, price will depend on application. There are spray on ceramics that last about a year and are easy to apply (translates to cheaper to have put on). A full ceramic coating will last a few years, especially with proper care, but are more tedious to apply.

DanS

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Just had a graphene coating put on my '21 F150. Obviously time will tell but looks pretty slick. Anyone else have experience with graphene coating?

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dod you get it on your truck? How much does it run?

Sponsored

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
Dod you get it on your truck? How much does it run?
Yes. Windshield was 250 inc with tinted eyebrow. All other windows was around 400.00. These prices will very based on brand of tint. 3m Crystalline is some of the best also pricey. Ford recommends not tinting moon roofs since the glass is thin It cause them to break.

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
Yes. Windshield was 250 inc with tinted eyebrow. All other windows was around 400.00. These prices will very based on brand of tint. 3m Crystalline is some of the best also pricey. Ford recommends not tinting moon roofs since the glass is thin It cause them to break.
Another recommendation is these new large very expensive headlights and fog lights is PPF. Xpel is great stuff 10 year warranty will prevent rock chips this stuff is amazing.

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
Ford recommends not tinting moon roofs since the glass is thin It cause them to break.
Any idea what causes them to break? Did the installer tell you this? Break during installation due to application pressure?

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
Any idea what causes them to break? Did the installer tell you this? Break during installation due to application pressure?
Dealer said reflective heat causes the glass to break.

tn.lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Screw Powerboost 501a
Occupation
retail
I purchased the complete exterior and interior protection plan when I bought my truck at half price. My 4 yr old truck still looks like new and it's always parked out side and goes thru a car wash once a week and sometimes twice in the summer. I don't have any swirl marks and water still beads up well.
Sponsored