• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Chirp sound

mrcoolgli

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lighting Platinum
So I listen to a lot of audio books. About a week after I got my Lightning I heard what sounded like a fire alarm chip when they beep like the battery is dying. Not crazy loud just enough to hear. I thought it was on the recording and was surprised audible didn't catch it. The next day I was giving friends a ride and they noticed it. I didn't have any music or audio going.

Since then I've noticed constantly, about every three or four min. Even with the power to the radio off. It seems to be coming from the speakers but can't place it yet. Has anyone else noticed it?
Sponsored

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Can you get a recording of it?

OP
OP

mrcoolgli

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I will try..

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
So I listen to a lot of audio books. About a week after I got my Lightning I heard what sounded like a fire alarm chip when they beep like the battery is dying. Not crazy loud just enough to hear. I thought it was on the recording and was surprised audible didn't catch it. The next day I was giving friends a ride and they noticed it. I didn't have any music or audio going.

Since then I've noticed constantly, about every three or four min. Even with the power to the radio off. It seems to be coming from the speakers but can't place it yet. Has anyone else noticed it?
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your F-150 concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP

mrcoolgli

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your F-150 concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
Thank you I sent you a conversation

Sponsored
OP
OP

mrcoolgli

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Working on getting a recording. However I have figured out that it happens exactly 9 minutes apart. With or without a phone paired and connected. With or without the radio on or off.

OP
OP

mrcoolgli

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Are you sure someone didn't hide a smoke alarm with a low battery in your truck as a joke?
That would be funny kind of like anchovies in the glove box or something yeah I wish that was it but I'm pretty certain it's coming from the headrest speakers I just need to hear it a couple more times.

OP
OP

mrcoolgli

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Are you sure someone didn't hide a smoke alarm with a low battery in your truck as a joke?
So my friend... I can't make this up. I am at my fathers house helping with a project. My phone rings and it's ford customer service. Calling to talk to me about this issue. Fantastic customer service! I start explaining what's going on to the nice lady and my dad gets a worried look on his face. He's trying to get my attention but I am focused on the call. He hands me the object in the picture and I can only tell you I was speechless.... He had no idea what I've been going through since he put this thing in my truck a week ago. I literally thought I was going to have to live with this noise subtle as it may be for the rest of my life with the truck. The lady on the phone laughed and I seriously apologized for wasting their time! I will have to figure out how to return the favor. If he had hubcaps I would put bolts in them...

Ford F-150 Lightning Chirp sound 20221026_182400
Sponsored