• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
Based on how this appears to work, our problem of not having a "button" to pre-condition the battery (at least for hot weather) before DCFC on long trips without using the Ford nav system would be resolved... Love hacks like this šŸ˜€
Iā€™ve spent lots of time towing with mine, and Iā€™ve been really disappointed with the inability to precondition. The truck doesnā€™t seem to care if I navigate to a DCFC unless the battery is over 93Āŗ, at which point itā€™ll engage the A/C compressor to chill down to about 90Āŗ and stop. Charge starts to throttle down to 100 kW around 97Āŗ, which doesnā€™t take long when youā€™re starting that high.

Most of my trips have been in tow/haul mode because Iā€™ve got my camper behind me, and Iā€™ve never noticed a difference in battery cooling. Iā€™ve given up using the truckā€™s navigation because it doesnā€™t make much difference. Iā€™ve pulled to the west coast twice, San Antonio once, and am leaving for Texas and New England next week.

Iā€™m obsessive about monitoring my temperatures, and Iā€™ve concluded that none of it makes a bit of difference. The truck does what the truck does, which really sucks for fast charging on a trip.

Shawnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lartiat ER, Model 3 LR, Crosstrekā€¦ hehe
Occupation
Developer
Only if you have selected a trailer profile in my testing, you can be in tow/haul w/o a trailer, ie. hauling a heavy load in the bed of the truck.
Sounds like my transporting my 4 ratchet straps around! šŸ˜Ž

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
Checking in from Canada... Does it do the inverse for a cold battery, I wonder? šŸ¤”
I'm assuming there is a temperature range the system calls for, as when I tested this a month ago it only seemed to bring the battery down to 95*F from the higher 120-130 after a DCFC session, but when I tried it when the battery was sitting at 72* to see if it would raise it to the 95* mark, it didn't make a difference and the gauge cluster showed it in the middle mark the entire time; but that might not have been low enough to trigger the system to heat the pack.
Sponsored