• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A | 3.5L EB
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
might be a dumb question, but how do you know if the truck is Job 1 or 2? Never needed to know, but curious.
I believe trucks with build date July 2021+ are job 2...
Sponsored

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
might be a dumb question, but how do you know if the truck is Job 1 or 2? Never needed to know, but curious.
Job 1 trucks were from the first 2021 truck built to around July 2021 time frame, anything after that is considered Job 2.

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Last edited:

Lodans

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost King Ranch
Occupation
Building Automation
This is interesting.
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1645650761657

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Agreed but as I stated, tech told me that they were told to hold off and no specific reason was given even when I asked.
Regardless of what "source" is accurate, Bluecruise for Job1 ain't here. :)

Actions speak louder than memos. Lol

I ain't holding my breath. I'm guessing that some of the speculation regarding hardware/software in Job1 trucks have Ford in a pickle just might be valid. Otherwise, since Job2 trucks are running around enabled, Ford would just OTA or FDRS Job1 into BC heaven.

Sponsored

Skier167

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 f150
Can someone check my VIN to see what update fun I'm in for when I get my VCX and purchase a FDRS license? 1FTFW1E80MFB18274

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Regardless of what "source" is accurate, Bluecruise for Job1 ain't here. :)

Actions speak louder than memos. Lol

I ain't holding my breath. I'm guessing that some of the speculation regarding hardware/software in Job1 trucks have Ford in a pickle just might be valid. Otherwise, since Job2 trucks are running around enabled, Ford would just OTA or FDRS Job1 into BC heaven.
That's my worry, look how easy they dismissed the Raptor's from getting it. I hope I'm wrong but I bet we'll be next.

pushrods

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB Sport
Occupation
Retired IBM field engineer
Im having lots of issues with sync 4 and OTA updates (none) and my truck is 10 months old. Can someone that has access look up my VIN to see what updates I am missing? thanks in advance
1FTFW1ED5MFB13620

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Im having lots of issues with sync 4 and OTA updates (none) and my truck is 10 months old. Can someone that has access look up my VIN to see what updates I am missing? thanks in advance
1FTFW1ED5MFB13620
Damn you have a bunch of updates available
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 20220223_183120
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 20220223_183120

Sponsored

pushrods

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB Sport
Occupation
Retired IBM field engineer
Thank you Fordphanatic. I have had my truck into the dealer 4 times now for sync issues and each time my problems are worse. I wish Ford would train their service folks with this new technology. I now dont have ford pass working anymore and lost my navigation abilities. Im not sure what I can do now except open a formal complaint with corporate on how messed up the service is for these new trucks.

Jaug

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
So I have done some updating once I got past the 1.7.1 issue. 2 GWM and an APIM and TCU, sccm etc. The one I haven't done yet is the IPC. I am assuming this is the one that showed up in the beginning of feb. From what I have seen, it took a long time to update for people (like 6 hours for some). Is this one not a usb style and CAN only? Just checking to see if I want to tackle it tonight before my license expires or pay again later when I have more time. Don't really feel like staying up late again (already did last night catching up :) )

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Thank you Fordphanatic. I have had my truck into the dealer 4 times now for sync issues and each time my problems are worse. I wish Ford would train their service folks with this new technology. I now dont have ford pass working anymore and lost my navigation abilities. Im not sure what I can do now except open a formal complaint with corporate on how messed up the service is for these new trucks.
Do the updates yourself. Start at the very beginning of this thread and read it it tells you exactly step-by-step how to do the updates and what programs and equipment you need. You will get the most satisfaction out of just tackling it yourself because the dealerships have no idea what the hell they're doing

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
So I have done some updating once I got past the 1.7.1 issue. 2 GWM and an APIM and TCU, sccm etc. The one I haven't done yet is the IPC. I am assuming this is the one that showed up in the beginning of feb. From what I have seen, it took a long time to update for people (like 6 hours for some). Is this one not a usb style and CAN only? Just checking to see if I want to tackle it tonight before my license expires or pay again later when I have more time. Don't really feel like staying up late again (already did last night catching up :) )
It offered to update the IPC using USB, but i got stuck in the restart loop and chose to just use CAN method.

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
That's my worry, look how easy they dismissed the Raptor's from getting it. I hope I'm wrong but I bet we'll be next.
My concern as well... I am almost physically sick at this point. I really did have a truck I liked and met my needs. I WANTED BlueCruise type capabilities (son has a Tesla) and Ford was my only option when I ordered in Jan 2021. The promise was 3Q so July Aug... or September at the worst - a 4-6 month wait.

First Ford since a surplus 1972 Ford Galaxie 500 police interceptor in 1977. 44 years. Given this experience I will be investigating my next F150 in 2065. Bets on Bluecruise finally being available?
Sponsored