• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
F-150 Lightning November 2023 Sales & Production Figures
  • Lightning November Sales: 4,393 Sales (YTD): 20,365 vehicles.
    • November sales represent a 18.3% increase from October.
    • November 2023 sales represent a 113% increase from November 2022
    • YTD 2023 sales represent a 54% increase from YTD 2022

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning November 2023 Sales Set Record Month (4,393 Sold) november-2023-us-sales-release1
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning November 2023 Sales Set Record Month (4,393 Sold) november-2023-us-sales-release3
Sponsored

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Does Ford really lose that much or are they including the cost of R&D and factory investments as that number?
Whatever, they EV department lost that much money. The gross margin is negative for sure. Ford needs to trible that number ASAP, to reduce the cost and increase sales.

Sponsored

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
Still far away, Ford loses $36k per EV it made.
Sounds exactly like the arguments we heard against Tesla for years but they are still in the game. I read an article that said Ford had tens of billions in ready cash on hand so I don’t think the Lightning operating in the red for a year or two is anything to worry about.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Sounds exactly like the arguments we heard against Tesla for years but they are still in the game. I read an article that said Ford had tens of billions in ready cash on hand so I don’t think the Lightning operating in the red for a year or two is anything to worry about.
You make me feel I was trashing Ford EV's...

I just mean that Ford still has a lot of things to do to make EV business sustainable and affordable.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Ford needs to trible that number ASAP, to reduce the cost and increase sales.
Don't worry, Cybertruck delivery event just did that for Ford. $50K pro starting to look mighty good to millions of CT Dual motor reservation holders that thought they were getting a dual motor for $50K and after waiting four years were told they have to pay 60% more.

If they get a Pro instead, they don't have to pay over a $1000 for a spare tire. If they get a pro, they don't have to turn their truck into a sedan by putting the spare in the bed. The don't have to pay over $6K to get a color on their truck. They will get a usable frunk. They get a lot of buttons, and two screens instead of one. Respectable size windows. Respectable size back seat. A windshield wiper that does not look like an after thought.

If Tesla does not drop prices soon, Ford will get a lot of those pissed off reservation holders. GM sold Bolt and Ford is selling Pro. Companies who can make and sell affordable EVs will have a much bigger impact on electrifying transportation (if they can produce them in volume).

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
Does Ford really lose that much or are they including the cost of R&D and factory investments as that number?
They lost that much on me I think. I got the 7500 off from ford 7000 off from dealer and 7500 from IRA

Sponsored

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Don't worry, Cybertruck delivery event just did that for Ford. $50K pro starting to look mighty good to millions of CT Dual motor reservation holders that thought they were getting a dual motor for $50K and after waiting four years were told they have to pay 60% more.

If they get a Pro instead, they don't have to pay over a $1000 for a spare tire. If they get a pro, they don't have to turn their truck into a sedan by putting the spare in the bed. The don't have to pay over $6K to get a color on their truck. They will get a usable frunk. They get a lot of buttons, and two screens instead of one. Respectable size windows. Respectable size back seat. A windshield wiper that does not look like an after thought.

If Tesla does not drop prices soon, Ford will get a lot of those pissed off reservation holders. GM sold Bolt and Ford is selling Pro. Companies who can make and sell affordable EVs will have a much bigger impact on electrifying transportation (if they can produce them in volume).
The problem is the market for $60k/$80k is really limited. That's why Lariat needs $7500+$7500 to move.

Piquette

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I’m at my Concord, NH dealer this morning for the 10,000 mile service (tire rotation and look over). They have 6 (six) Lightnings on the lot: 1 Pro, 4 XLTs and 1 Lariat. My service team (among the best I could ever ask for) says they have been coming in regularly and that they are selling.

RaptorEV

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 12C
Occupation
Secret Agent
I think those are sales to dealers, not to final customers.

Jarratt

First Name
Jarratt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra. Tacoma, Model 3, Lariat Max Tow, lng range
Still far away, Ford loses $36k per EV it made.
No surprise here at all. This will be the case until new facilities are commissioned at Blue Oval in KY/TN. I believe that's slated for late next year or early '25.

Cost won't decline until new manufacturing efficiencies are secured. We'll also see the benefits of insourcing components. I believe Ford will make the Lightning wiring harness itself. That alone could be hugely useful. One of Tesla's key strengths is that it makes so many of its own components.
Sponsored