• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150 Lightning FORscan thread

ChippewaBarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Platinum Agate Black
I did this yesterday. First you need the dealer to update your BCM module. This alone will turn on WAL. Then to enable on/off buttons in Sync, you either need the latest APIM update or you can go in FORScan and make this change in the APIM:
7D0-09-05 xxxx Cxxx xx-- (see note)
(or you can use Easy Mode on the APIM, and enable Walk Away Lock and Walk Away Lock Feedback)

You can make the APIM changes now and the sliders will show up under Locks in Settings - but they won't do anything until the BCM is updated.

Note: Changing the 5th byte of 7D0-09-05 to "8" enables the WAL on/off slider and changing to "C" enables both the WAL on/off slider and the Feedback on/off slider (horn honk). You will want both sliders.
Ah dang, I should have been more clear - I was talking about the camera activation on blinker.

But thanks for this also, I will likely do it too when/if I get the BCM updated. Is the BCM update part of any CSP or anything? I don't suppose I can go in and just ask for it lol. I had the High Voltage Battery (23B57) update done at the dealer a while back.
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Tried it and it works! I used instructions from Mach-E forum:
Code:
783-01-01 xxXx xx - Add 1 to X  (this is DSP As Built)
7D0-01-01 xxxX xxxx xx - Add 8 to X  (this is APIM As Built)
On my truck for 783-01-01, it was a 0 so I made it 1.
For 7D0-01-01, it was an 1, so I made it a 9.
So just like you said for the 2024 ICE. I'm not an audiophile so didn't test it. For just radio, I couldn't tell a difference.

@vandy1981 : can you add this to your first post?
Sweet! Now if we can get someone with the 12" screen to try this and confirm it works there, too? Trying to figure out why this doesn't work on the ICE trucks; at least not this easily. Seems like only the EV's are taking this well.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Sweet! Now if we can get someone with the 12" screen to try this and confirm it works there, too? Trying to figure out why this doesn't work on the ICE trucks; at least not this easily. Seems like only the EV's are taking this well.
Unfortunately, I don't think this applies to the 12" screens. The B&O sound system (i.e., DSP) is only on the 22-23 Lariat and up and the '24 Flash and up. All have 15" screens. I would think the Beosonic screen requires the B&O sound system.

Firn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro ER
Just looked and no "DSP" module on my Pro (not exactly a big surprise)

On other notes...

Just spent a crap ton of time seeing if I could get lane centering to work without adaptive cruise and it was a big fat failure.

I do now get the "keep hands on wheel" alert though, so progress? Lol. I did realize that I had not enabled the menu in the apim so it quite literally might have just not been turned on. I'll try again tomorrow since I need to make all the changes by hand

Last edited:

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Unfortunately, I don't think this applies to the 12" screens. The B&O sound system (i.e., DSP) is only on the 22-23 Lariat and up and the '24 Flash and up. All have 15" screens. I would think the Beosonic screen requires the B&O sound system.
Did not know that. Thanks.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Code:
So just like you said for the 2024 ICE. I'm not an audiophile so didn't test it. For just radio, I couldn't tell a difference.

1727382185698-00.jpg
Wow - that is some interesting sorcery. Who knew it existed and why does Ford hold back stuff like this. It likely isn't worth the time it takes to enable it, but they've invested trying to put something together, why not make it available. They want to add no extra value.

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion energi
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Code:

1727382185698-00.jpg
I’ll have to try this tomorrow. See if I can hear any difference.