• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
I'm looking for a few of you to test this out, please!
Ford Widget Tool Installer (tonesto7.github.io)

So the premise here is that I can't directly update a running script I need another script.
So I created the FordWidgetTool (It's based on scriptdudes installer).
You will go to the website which will hold your hand through installing the installer for the widget tool.
Once the tool is installed it automatically runs and it either installs the Fordpass Widget or updates the existing code.
It will walk you through the steps of installing a helper script that installs and updates the main widget script.
Once this tool is installed that's it, just tap it anytime I announce an upgrade and it just downloads it.
The only time I may require you to reinstall the tool is if there is a required update for the tool's new features. Either way, you will never have to copy and paste-like you did before.

I even recorded a couple of videos of the install process and set up for new users.
Worked great! Thanks!
Sponsored

M.R.F.O.R.D.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I'm looking for a few of you to test this out, please!
Ford Widget Tool Installer (tonesto7.github.io)

So the premise here is that I can't directly update a running script I need another script.
So I created the FordWidgetTool (It's based on scriptdudes installer).
You will go to the website which will hold your hand through installing the installer for the widget tool.
Once the tool is installed it automatically runs and it either installs the Fordpass Widget or updates the existing code.
It will walk you through the steps of installing a helper script that installs and updates the main widget script.
Once this tool is installed that's it, just tap it anytime I announce an upgrade and it just downloads it.
The only time I may require you to reinstall the tool is if there is a required update for the tool's new features. Either way, you will never have to copy and paste-like you did before.

I even recorded a couple of videos of the install process and set up for new users.
Works great Thanks !!!

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
OK, this worked for me. SOOOO much easier, thank you!

Widget works, but getting '12V Battery Low' and 'Oil reporting low' message.

OP
OP
tonesto7

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A | 3.5L EB
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer

These false alerts are irritating. I would like to be able to trust Ford's data.
One user said he got the message in the widget and sure enough the oil was low in his truck.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
I read that too, and will definitely check it.

Sponsored

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
These false alerts are irritating. I would like to be able to trust Ford's data.
One user said he got the message in the widget and sure enough the oil was low in his truck.
Got the oil low today too till I refreshed it. Thought I saw recall notification too but not sure you included that. Do have a recall for that darn insulation under the truck. Shows on web dashboard but not in Fordpass. Frustrating.

GatorLariat21

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Any idea how to resolve this issue when adding a 2nd vehicle? I changed the script_id to another number. I'm able to get vehicle data in debug menu but widget isn't working.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass - Scriptable Widget (iOS, iPad, MacOS) IMG_0629

Chad479

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat 501A PB 2021
Occupation
Business Analyst

I get the oil message too after installing a new version of the widget, one force refresh seems to clear it.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Yeah I'm thinking its a false alert like Tonesto said. I just took a short drive and it went away. Still showing Battery low message, but the actual battery symbol % is saying 14V.

OP
OP
tonesto7

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Any idea how to resolve this issue when adding a 2nd vehicle? I changed the script_id to another number. I'm able to get vehicle data in debug menu but widget isn't working.

IMG_0629.jpg
You found another bug... Bear with me and I will get a fix out today/tomorrow

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Super COOL!!

smarty39

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Velocity Blue Lariat Sport
New installer works perfect, so much easier! Thank you!

Gman61

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Limited
I apologize if this is a repeat question, I did not find in a search the information I was looking for.

As far as FordPass in the new F150 goes, when it comes to wifi, Navigation, BlueCruise, connectivity and features, it appears it will be serviced by AT&T. I have never had FordPass before on any vehicle and wont be taking possession of it until mid-January. After the 3 month trial, I would like to know what the real-world cost is for continuing with it based on those that have it. What features are lost if you don’t continue after the 3 month trial. Just want some insight on what to expect. Nothing is free.

OP
OP
tonesto7

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I apologize if this is a repeat question, I did not find in a search the information I was looking for.

As far as FordPass in the new F150 goes, when it comes to wifi, Navigation, BlueCruise, connectivity and features, it appears it will be serviced by AT&T. I have never had FordPass before on any vehicle and wont be taking possession of it until mid-January. After the 3 month trial, I would like to know what the real-world cost is for continuing with it based on those that have it. What features are lost if you don’t continue after the 3 month trial. Just want some insight on what to expect. Nothing is free.
The hotspot functionality is only 3months and not tied to the rest the nav and bluecruise are 3 years included (BC is only on new builds)
Sponsored