• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Heat only comes from one vent on dash, the rest blow cold air?

Incidental_Pizza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Education
It was cool enough Friday morning on my way to work that I wanted to turn the heater on. I figured out where the heat was, and was able to get some warm air coming through the vent, but the warm air was only trickling out of the 3rd vent (counting from the driver's side), while the other vents blew cool air that I assume was being brought in from the outside. Has anyone experienced this, or am I doing something wrong? 23 XLT SR, 2,000 miles.
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
If you don't have dual climate controls, which are set on two different temperatures, it sounds like a bad blend door. The dealer will have to fix it.

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
I have the Lariat with dual climate, and I have noticed that if no one is in the passenger seat, the climate does not come on on that side of the vehicle! I find this strange, but it is what it is!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Did you have the temperature dialed up high enough?
If not, the HVAC might have been cycling fresh air to moderate the levels.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
The only time I had this happen on my older ICE F-150, it was a blend door actuator that failed causing cold air to come out of driver side vents.

@Scorpio3d - there is a setting in the HVAC mode menu for Driver Focused. It will turn off the vents like you experienced. You can turn that setting off (which turns the vents on). When on, the temperature displayed on the passenger side will be OFF instead of 72 e.g.

Ford F-150 Lightning Heat only comes from one vent on dash, the rest blow cold air? 1727645563305-gd

Sponsored

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
The only time I had this happen on my older ICE F-150, it was a blend door actuator that failed causing cold air to come out of driver side vents.

@Scorpio3d - there is a setting in the HVAC mode menu for Driver Focused. It will turn off the vents like you experienced. You can turn that setting off (which turns the vents on). When on, the temperature displayed on the passenger side will be OFF instead of 72 e.g.

1727645563305-gd.jpg
I never checked the settings as I don’t really care because it keeps me cool😂🤣😂
But it is good to know so thank you!

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner

1727645563305-gd.jpg
Wait…maybe I am misunderstanding!
The picture above is what mine shows unless someone is sitting in the passenger seat then it will show the temperature?

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Wait…maybe I am misunderstanding!
The picture above is what mine shows unless someone is sitting in the passenger seat then it will show the temperature?
Correct. When driver focused is on, the passenger temp will be off if no one is sitting there. The picture above shows driver focus on. The HVAC only cares about the driver.
Sponsored