Sponsored

MAX ring volume when disconnected from Apple Car-play

wsp1811

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Sport-Screw, 2.7L,carbonized grey, 302a.
Every time I disconnect from apple car play my Iphone's ringer volume is maxed out. Doesn't matter what it was upon the phone connecting to carplay. Have had some very loud calls ring in if I forget to turn it back down.

Anyone else have this same issue? Is there a setting on the SYNC 4 or Iphone to prevent this from occurring?
Sponsored

mattchops

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
This happens to mine, as well. As soon as I connect to carplay it maxes the volume. Definitely annoying. I don't know a fix for it, besides manually lowering the volume on your phone once you disconnect.

Way2qk4u2c

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2015 Mustang GT
Occupation
Network admin
This has been an issue for a long time even on our 2017 Edge has this issue. What i have done to resolve it somewhat is this.

Iphone
Under Settings / Sounds
Ringer and alerts slide the slider to the volume that you want the ringer to be all the time (a comfortable level)
Then turn off "change with buttons"
You won't be able to adjust the ringer volume from the buttons on the side of your phone but you can still adjust the music volume with those same buttons.

So now my ringer is always the same level. This was the only thing that help out.

OP
OP
wsp1811

wsp1811

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Sport-Screw, 2.7L,carbonized grey, 302a.
This has been an issue for a long time even on our 2017 Edge has this issue. What i have done to resolve it somewhat is this.

Iphone
Under Settings / Sounds
Ringer and alerts slide the slider to the volume that you want the ringer to be all the time (a comfortable level)
Then turn off "change with buttons"
You won't be able to adjust the ringer volume from the buttons on the side of your phone but you can still adjust the music volume with those same buttons.

So now my ringer is always the same level. This was the only thing that help out.
Very good suggestion. I will give it a try.

Boscom39

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 4x4
I’m having this same problem with my iPhone as well. Scared the heck outta me when I got a call after getting out. What’s weird is it doesn’t do it ever single time it connects. Many times it’ll be fine and then one tan some time MAX! I’ve turned car play off and just done Bluetooth and same issue. I’ve been leaving my phone on vibrate lately to not have to worry about it for now.

Sponsored

smyph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Stuff and thing
If you are in silent mode and have ringer off does it turn it on? My phone lives in silent.

Boscom39

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 4x4
If you are in silent mode and have ringer off does it turn it on? My phone lives in silent.
Did you mean silent as in Do Not Disturb or just on vibrate? I didn’t pay attention when I was on vibrate to ringer volume since it doesn’t use the ringtone and I haven’t been called while driving since switching. I can’t put it on DND though as it’s my work phone and I can get called anytime. The joys of being in IT.
Sponsored