• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
BlueCruise 1.0 still doesn't recognize or anticipate far enough in advance the need to rapidly slow down if traffic is braking hard ahead of you on a high-speed highway. I don't haven't seen anything about improving this shortcoming in any of the promised updates. IMHO, @Ford Motor Company, it's a major safety weakness of BlueCruise. A good way to rear-end someone on an Interstate if you're not constantly paying attention and ready to brake yourself.
Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
I will add, had I not taken the advice of some of the users on this forum and gone down the FDRS route I'd be in a world of debt because I would have probably traded the truck off. But since I decided to get hardware needed I have had BC 1.3 since early summer along with b being able to get the latest UI before some with this and it has made me happier with the truck. But I still am angry at the fact that Ford promised OTA updates and has been slowly going back on all of its promises. I also do not feel I should have to be the one to update my truck like this, and while it is making my truck more fun I will not be investing in Ford in the future unless I see some big changes to my current truck. I don't care if new models get better, I want what I paid for and that was the promise of new software features through OTA and they have really under delivered. And I know, hardware evolves and improves and if BC 1.4 has a new hardware module, I understand not being able to get all the features, but it sounds like a lot of it is just software updates and those should be pushed out to previous BC owners. It's how Rivian and Tesla do it, Rivian actually just updated their autonomy hardware and have stated that any and all software changes at least will come to older models. So sure you can't get all the new features but at least you get improvements.
Does anyone have lane change in BC ? I question whether you actually have 1.3 otherwise people would be talking about it. It would be great if we could get a video showing how the lane change feature worked.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
BlueCruise 1.0 still doesn't recognize or anticipate far enough in advance the need to rapidly slow down if traffic is braking hard ahead of you on a high-speed highway. I don't haven't seen anything about improving this shortcoming in any of the promised updates. IMHO, @Ford Motor Company, it's a major safety weakness of BlueCruise. A good way to rear-end someone on an Interstate if you're not constantly paying attention and ready to brake yourself.
Well ya, you still have to pay attention ffs.

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Well ya, you still have to pay attention ff
Just pointing out that this is an area that ~worthless in the present BlueCruise, braking sufficiently rapidly and sufficiently far in advance if there is a sudden slowdown in high-speed traffic ahead of you when traveling in the range of 50 to 70 mph or so. I don't think BlueCruise 1.0 is even aware that it can't handle the situation properly. As I said above, there is no indication that Ford is working on improving this lousy feature of BlueCruise 1.0. A more appropriate response than just attempting to slow down, if BC 1.0 can't do it properly, would be an early audible alert to the driver that driver control is likely to be needed FAST. What would be even better is a system that sees farther down the road and/or anticipates the need for action earlier. -Or maybe even just a better algorithm for high-speed braking. I wouldn't trust the lives of my family to BlueCruise 1.0's braking ability on high-speed roads with sudden slowdowns. It's terrible.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Does anyone have lane change in BC ? I question whether you actually have 1.3 otherwise people would be talking about it. It would be great if we could get a video showing how the lane change feature worked.
Sure I can grab a video sometime soon. I have it because I did the module updates my self and enabled it with Forscan myself with the help of several members here. It works great really and love having the feature. Sucks that I’d had to go this route though. Instead of getting it OTA but it has made me happy.

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
I have it because I did the module updates my self and enabled it with Forscan myself with the help of several members here. It works great really and love having the feature. Sucks that I’d had to go this route though. Instead of getting it OTA but it has made me happy.
What he said!

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Multiple videos of lane change... Her is one, 2:30 in. It also offers lane change as you come up on slower vehicle.

Sponsored

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
I really like my lightning, but Ford does need to stop making excuses and truly detail their plans on getting all of us updated to the latest version as soon as possible.

You can’t judge people by the model year of their truck, especially when they have been late selling them all. Many of the truck sold this year our 2023 models. It’s ridiculous to buy a truck off the dealer lot this year in the end of 2024 and still be so far behind on software update updates.

Just bought my wife a Mazda, and it was refreshing that all of the updates. The car needed had been done before we purchased it.

Ford can’t even get unsold vehicles sitting on delealer lots updates. That’s ridiculous.

starrtech2000

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER 511a
I will add, had I not taken the advice of some of the users on this forum and gone down the FDRS route I'd be in a world of debt because I would have probably traded the truck off. But since I decided to get hardware needed I have had BC 1.3 since early summer along with b being able to get the latest UI before some with this and it has made me happier with the truck. But I still am angry at the fact that Ford promised OTA updates and has been slowly going back on all of its promises. I also do not feel I should have to be the one to update my truck like this, and while it is making my truck more fun I will not be investing in Ford in the future unless I see some big changes to my current truck. I don't care if new models get better, I want what I paid for and that was the promise of new software features through OTA and they have really under delivered. And I know, hardware evolves and improves and if BC 1.4 has a new hardware module, I understand not being able to get all the features, but it sounds like a lot of it is just software updates and those should be pushed out to previous BC owners. It's how Rivian and Tesla do it, Rivian actually just updated their autonomy hardware and have stated that any and all software changes at least will come to older models. So sure you can't get all the new features but at least you get improvements.
I didn’t think bluecruise 1.3 had been made available to anyone on Lightning, so I didn’t think it was available through fdrs…

you have the automatic lane changes and lane centering that moves over for trucks next to you?

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
I didn’t think bluecruise 1.3 had been made available to anyone on Lightning, so I didn’t think it was available through fdrs…

you have the automatic lane changes and lane centering that moves over for trucks next to you?
Yes and it is very nice, I also was under that impression that they weren't available but it appears that one of the available IPMA updates allowed it to be enabled. Again you have to also make changes in Forscan to get the features enabled and show up in Sync to enable. But yes I have used them on several trips and it works great. Don't get the fun little animations that my dad see's on his Mach E though. :)
Sponsored