• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Painless Putco 60" Blade tail light install.

Bigred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT ER
I ordered a Putco 60" blade (Part #: 9202060-18) when they came back in stock. It shipped before the estimated date- only no tracking number. It just showed up- a pleasant surprise.

Overall a pretty painless install. Plug and play- no splicing required. Install took about 90 minutes.

Instructions call for removing tail gate. I unplugged the main wire for slack but left the two small wires connected. I removed tail gate off hinge (with second person) but laid it down on plastic cargo totes partially resting on bumper. This gave me plenty of room to work.

Side note: Unplugging the tail gate plug set off the truck alarm and sent a notification to my Ford Pass app. Thought that was cool.

I ended up removing the tail gate stabilizer bracket. I may go back later and reinstall with flush machine screws as another member suggested in his post.

Secured all the wires up underneath the bumper with zipties and done.

You will need an 8mm socket (and a 15mm socket if you elect to remove the stabilizer).

Not posting pics as there are plenty of pics in the forum to see what they look like installed.
Sponsored