• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Plastic Grocery Produce Bag Hung Up In Truck Compressor Air Intake Grating

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Speaking of going grocery shopping (https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...re-distribution-enhancement.19769/post-397663), when the wife and I came back to the truck in the store parking lot, and the truck was all fired up with its compressors roaring away to cool itself down after more than an hour in ~100-degree weather, as I was loading groceries into the frunk, I noticed an empty plastic produce bag hung up on the air intake grating under the license plate on the front bumper.

While in the store, I had been experimenting with climate control and departure time, so the truck compressors had likely been roaring away at various points during my absence. It seemed like an almost windless day (a very few mph breeze), so I'm amazed if the compressor airflow itself could have sucked the produce bag ~a foot off the ground into the air intake. OTH, if someone deliberately fed the truck a plastic bag, they probably wouldn't have settled for having it hung up on the air intake grating.

Now that I've seen that happen, my question to you more knowledgeable folks is how can I inspect the rest of the system to see what else it may have sucked in in the past, or is the airflow so powerful that whatever gets sucked into the system beyond the louvers will basically get blown out the other end, wherever that is?

During the spring in San Antonio, live oaks shed tons of leaves and pollen. Now that I've seen the power of the compressor air intake, I'm wondering, as time goes by, how much of that spring gunk is going to end up getting sucked into the compressor cooling system. I usually cover my house A/C compressors from fall through late spring and only remove the covers when the pollen has stopped falling, usually sometime after April 15.
Sponsored