Sponsored

Price protection - any way to know when the dealer receives $$ from Ford?

msadan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
So here's the million dollar (or in my case $9100) question - is there any way for us to know when / if the selling dealer receives the price protection money from Ford? I'm in the same situation as many others, the dealer's sales manager has told me that if they receive price protection money from Ford they will forward it to me. It doesn't seem like I have any leverage to go after them if they don't follow through if I can't prove that the dealer received the money.
It's been less than two weeks since I took delivery so as I understand it the dealer won't receive the money from Ford for at least several weeks. Overall I had a much more positive purchase experience than I was expecting, so I'm hoping for the best. Realistically though I'm expecting the worst.
I did receive the $7000 private offer, but unfortunately it was deducted from the price after sales tax was computed. And of course I paid sales tax on the $9100 that I'm expecting / hoping to get back from the dealer. So that's $1100 extra in sales tax. Not a great situation, but if in the end I receive the price protection I will have essentially paid $15k less than the current sticker price.
Sponsored