• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Promotional Colors - Gray

N38

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3, GMC Yukon
Does anyone else get the sense that Stone Gray and Carbonized Gray are underrepresented in the promotional materials and physical models supplied by Ford?
Sponsored

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 ER Lariat +PRB +Unleashed, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
Yes because they don't stand out as much as being "different" maybe. I always find the promotional colors ford uses in marketing to not be their best colors for actual purchases. Weird choices with 2-tone chrome etc.

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
I have waffled so much on choosing Stone Gray. I think I will like it. I wanted a color that would age well, in terms of not being replaced by newer variations of the same color. I think Red cars age particularly poorly in that regard.

Seeing as my blend is Friday, no turning back now! But I agree, I don't think I've seen a single Stone Gray mannequin or demo

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Does anyone else get the sense that Stone Gray and Carbonized Gray are underrepresented in the promotional materials and physical models supplied by Ford?
I've seen so few Carbonized Gray Lightning images, that I'm starting to think there's something wrong with the color, giving me doubts I made the right pick. It also seems like the color is being produced a bit later than others. Hopefully when it arrives I'll be happy with the decision, but you certainly aren't imagining this color being underrepresented.

OP
OP

N38

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3, GMC Yukon
I have to think the main reason is because Gray is not a “go to” color for advertising.

However i can’t help but wonder if the color is not being received well.

The one video that dropped a few days ago with a dealer mannequin was carbonized Gray and it kind of looked washed out to me. However it was an overcast day and the video color may have been “flat.”

Whenever i see a 2021 ford or later in real life I like the color.

We shall see!

Sponsored
First Name
Mex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT, 2019 Land Rover Discovery HSE
Occupation
El Jefe
The last pic in the Stone Gray color thread is from early Jan of this year! I plan on filling it up once I get mine. Estimated delivery is 6/30-7/6. I go on a three week vacation in mid July so hopefully it arrives before then.

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 ER Lariat +PRB +Unleashed, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
I have a carbonized gray ICE f-150. I think the color is amazing, very rich. I ordered the same color for my Lightning. The one issue I think we may have is that the front light bar looks very white and very plastic-y, and from the photos we do have I think it doesn't go so well with the carbonized gray color. Kind of looks like a cheap toy. It goes really well with the silver and blue colors which is why I think they've focused on those 3 colors for the marketing, and still somewhat ok with the reds, and whites.

I'm just hoping the light bar looks a lot better with the carbonized grey in person.
Sponsored