• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Shaking in the front end

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Over the last couple of days, I noticed some considerable shaking in the front end when I was braking or slowing down. It felt like the wheels were misaligned or a wheel was out of balance. Then yesterday I noticed every time it did it, this green icon on the dash would turn red. Turns out, it was the Lane Keep Assist feature! Apparently I had turned it on some how (I think the OTA update turned it on). It's rather sensitive and definitely shouldn't have been alerting me as I was driving in the center of the lane. You can toggle it off and on with the button on the steering wheel. Go glad it wasn't my wheels!
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Over the last couple of days, I noticed some considerable shaking in the front end when I was braking or slowing down. It felt like the wheels were misaligned or a wheel was out of balance. Then yesterday I noticed every time it did it, this green icon on the dash would turn red. Turns out, it was the Lane Keep Assist feature! Apparently I had turned it on some how (I think the OTA update turned it on). It's rather sensitive and definitely shouldn't have been alerting me as I was driving in the center of the lane. You can toggle it off and on with the button on the steering wheel. Go glad it wasn't my wheels!
Hi there. This shaking concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150 Lightning. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Hi there. This shaking concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150 Lightning. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
It was just the vibration from the lane keep assist. Nothing to worry about.
Sponsored