• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Telematics system is a dud.

Rubbers29

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A
Has anyone had an issues with the Mobile App Projection? It is the feature that allows you to use Car Play or Android Auto without plugging in your phone. It also worths with Waze. The option is in settings under connectivity on my Sync 4. However it does not allow me to turn it on. Hoping this is just a software issue with my truck and not a “Canadian’s are not eligible” issue like vehicle maintenance monitoring on my 2016 with Sync 3.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Rubbers29

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A
So what I thought was just an issue with Sync seems to be much bigger.

Ford pass gives no option to activate. Finds the vehicle but that’s it. No vehicle info(it has the Vin and warranty info but no live data) , no activate button, nothing.

Wireless hotspot will not turn on.
When I press the button nothing happens, when I click below that in the settings on “How to get started” an updating screen pops up for 30 seconds then I get an error telling me to try later.

In the Ford pass app it does give me an option to manage my hotspot account which takes me to the ATT site. However that site tells me I have an invalid VIN

When I log on to the Ford owners website, and go to the update page, it gives me a VIN error as well.

It has been at the dealer for the last two days. The report tells me they scanned the truck. Cleared the “multiple codes” on a week old truck with just over 100 miles on it. Deleted the files on the TCU (Telematics not transmission) and tried to reinstall 4 times with errors every time. Finally after several calls into the hotline they were able to get it reinstalled to factory defaults, which managed to get me right back to where it was 2 days ago when nothing worked.

Anyone have any ideas? does it sound like a software issue, hardware issue? If hardware the on board modem not communicating with the Ford server? The TCU not taking updates properly?

I feel with the fact that 2 separate websites won’t recognize the VIN it has to be something in the truck didn’t register properly and the Ford system isn’t recognizing it but I fix tires for a living not truck computers so??!