• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Weathertech Window Vent Visors Installed

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Occupation
Drug Dealer of the LED World
So we sell these Weathertech Vent Visors at our shop. I was looking online to see about getting some for our new Lightning. Naturally Weathertechs site doesn't show the 2022 Lightning... or the 2022 F150... OR the 2021 F150 for Vent Visors, weird.

So we started looking at other brands and when we went to order, they said "2015+" so I said "hmmmm I WONDER..."

Grabbed a set of 2015+ F150 vent visors (probably for 2015-2019) and they appeared to be the same size. The only issue we had was the front lip. These vent visors sit in the channel and sit on top of the door lip. It wastoo long. Sooo I just trimmed a little off. PEFFECT! I threw on some helicopter tape to prevent it from scratching the soft plastic on the door trim and installed them.

They are currently "baking" in right now (you have to leave the windows up for a few days to SET them, otherwise they interfere with the auto-up and get caught).

We shall see how they actually work in a few days, so far so good. Im not sure WHY Weatertech has not made them for the 2021/2022 F150s yet. Maybe they gave up after people complaineda bout the auto-ups getting stuck. For now though, these will work great.

I don't mind selling these to anybody whos interested just KEEP IN MIND you WILL have to trim them and there are ZERO returns on these, since you will have to modify them a bit.

Ford F-150 Lightning Weathertech Window Vent Visors Installed 1656016490917

Ford F-150 Lightning Weathertech Window Vent Visors Installed 1656016496580
Sponsored

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
I'm a big fan of.window visors, but I really hate the added wind noise that comes with them.

Have you driven on the highway yet? If so, how was it?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
I'm a big fan of.window visors, but I really hate the added wind noise that comes with them.

Have you driven on the highway yet? If so, how was it?
Slight noise but nothing I'm concerned with.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation

Sponsored

Priccijr

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Iced Blue
I had the AVS visors but they were not specifically for the lightning just F-150 15-23 and I had a lot of problems with the windows not closing. I checked weather techs website and they don't seem to have ones specifically for the lightning either. How have yours been?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
I've since removed the Weathertechs since they kept getting in the way of my window sensor.

I tried the AVS but they didn't fit how I wanted... too much empty "space" on the outside and it didn't look right.

Soooooooo i'm still without vent visors

Priccijr

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Iced Blue
Same.
I've since removed the Weathertechs since they kept getting in the way of my window sensor.

I tried the AVS but they didn't fit how I wanted... too much empty "space" on the outside and it didn't look right.

Soooooooo i'm still without vent visors
Same. I took the AVS off after the window kept hitting the tab in the channel and wouldn't close. I yelled at my wife once because she opened the window o_O(That didn't go well).

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
I don't think the suppliers want to make them for the new F150s. The 2015+ always had issues and we've not seen any new ones for the 2020+ coming out, probably for the same reasons. The sensors get stuck
Sponsored