Sponsored

Swap from XLT 302a lighting to 502a lighting, what is needed?

Jcway16

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
Besides the obvious of buying a set of OEM Lariat 502a headlights, tailights and third brake light.

What else is needed to swap to these lights on my ‘22 XLT 302a?

I know the taillights require a harness, but what about the headlights? Both trim levels have LED headlights

Besides any required harnesses, is Forscan needed?
Sponsored

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Good morning,
There are other threads on this topic. It is not easy or cheap, but apparently it can be done.
That said I own a 302A and think the lights are terrific. But if I wanted 502A lights, honestly I would just trade it in for a 502A and get all the other goodies that come with it.

My42waffles

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 power boost 157, lightning reservation
Occupation
Maintenance
For the headlights you will have to add the headlight control module for then since they are the auto level headlights and the front and rear height sensors if you truck does not have them.

OP
OP

Jcway16

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
Good morning,
There are other threads on this topic. It is not easy or cheap, but apparently it can be done.
That said I own a 302A and think the lights are terrific. But if I wanted 502A lights, honestly I would just trade it in for a 502A and get all the other goodies that come with it.
Hmmmmm, I searched and did not see any threads with the info I need

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Hmmmmm, I searched and did not see any threads with the info I need
I was mistaken. Was barely awake when I posted, sorry man. Good luck, it would be a nice upgrade, especially with the newly enabled glare-free.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I have added them to mine from an XL halogen. The wiring is different in a few ways. Youll need to add the HCM as stated. If you want them fully functional you will need the height sensors. One front left one rear left. You will need to run the Turn signal outage returns IF you want it fully functioning. There is a bit or programming in the BCM.

You can make them work. The definition of functional is varied. Its up to the end person to determine how functional they want them to be,
Sponsored