First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Platinum, ‘21 Aviator, ‘23 Bronco WT
Occupation
dad
Awesome build, thanks for sharing. Exactly the tonneau I’m considering, and have a bed rug (bottom only) in my current truck. So I’m on your mod wacelength.

Please do give a review on the tonneau once you’ve lived with it a while. Particularly with respect to the water-tightness and whether the Lightning’s have homelink buttons you can program to open/close the tonneau.

My 2015 with revolver X2 and extra tailgate gasket is practically waterproof. Hoping for similar from the Powertrax Pro XR.

Tasteful upgrade on the rims also. Super stylin. Enjoy and let us know how the platinum treats you!
Awesome build, thanks for sharing. Exactly the tonneau I’m considering, and have a bed rug (bottom only) in my current truck. So I’m on your mod wacelength.

Please do give a review on the tonneau once you’ve lived with it a while. Particularly with respect to the water-tightness and whether the Lightning’s have homelink buttons you can program to open/close the tonneau.

My 2015 with revolver X2 and extra tailgate gasket is practically waterproof. Hoping for similar from the Powertrax Pro XR.

Tasteful upgrade on the rims also. Super stylin. Enjoy and let us know how the platinum treats you!
So far, so good! Unfortunately where I live we don’t get rain often. I took my truck to the car wash to rinse off the dust with the cover, and afterwards it seemed as dry as it was under the cover as it was before the wash.
I have about 600 miles on it since I got it Tuesday last week. It’s been great so far! I charge during the day to utilize my solar so I only keep it charged around 30-50% also. I have no idea when the fcsp will get delivered but my solar company installed a Wallbox for free for me. It’s a 48amp charger but I have it set to 32amps because my wife charges her plugin Hybrid too. Overall, I’m enjoying it so much and it’s definitely been worth the wait!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tenetke

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
dad
It looks nice and would make for a nice bed liner that protects the gear you put in the back more than a plastic or spray on bed liner would. My concern would be that it's difficult to clean if it gets dirty, but with the tonneau cover, that probably doesn't happen much.
I had one in my Tundra that I bought brand new in 2008. It looked barely used when I sold the Tundra a few months ago. I either spot vacuumed it on occasion, used a leaf blower or just left the tonneau cover open when it rained.

Aces_Over_Kings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 3.5 Ecoboost; 2022 Lariat ER (poached)
I forgot to ask; did your Platinum have any features deleted? Active Park Assist 2.0, etc?

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
It looks nice and would make for a nice bed liner that protects the gear you put in the back more than a plastic or spray on bed liner would. My concern would be that it's difficult to clean if it gets dirty, but with the tonneau cover, that probably doesn't happen much.
You can power wash it if it gets really dirty. I used to take my wife's Miele vacuum from the house and vacuum the bed of my truck once in a while.

OP
OP
Tenetke

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
dad
I forgot to ask; did your Platinum have any features deleted? Active Park Assist 2.0, etc?
Nope, I got everything but the charge station pro! I was going to ask a friend the same question that just got his Platinum ICE today that he ordered in December.

Sponsored

Oleblueyes99

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
CEO Renewable Energy Builder
What was the range difference in miles after installing the new rims and tires?
I’m thinking about getting Fuel 20inch rims and all terrain tires.
Very concerned about range loss.

Oleblueyes99

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Very concerned about range loss

OP
OP
Tenetke

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
dad
I
Very concerned about range loss
I only changed the wheels. I’ve kept the tires and even bought the same size and model after about 25k miles. The wheels weigh less than the original 22’s but have a slightly different offset so they aren’t completely tucked in the wheel well. I think tire selection could have a bigger impact on range if you add that to heavier wheels. AT tires will more than likely lower your range more than an All Season tire. When I was selecting wheels I made sure they weighed the same or less than the factory wheels. I’d do that with tires too but the oem tires have been fine for me. I normally buy wheels that have the same weight rating but weigh less than the oem wheels. I did the same with my bronco. Good luck and hopefully worrying about a small difference in range doesn’t take away from just enjoying your Lightning!

Sponsored

Oleblueyes99

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Thank you for your response. I have the standard 240 mile range so if I lose 12-15% its not a good deal for me.

Your truck looks great by the way.