First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Electrical Consultant
I have a 2023 Lighting ER, and I am currently using the power from the Pro Power Onboard (PPO), both the 7200 watt circuit and the 2400 watt circuit to power my home at night. If I install a Home Inegration System (HIS), would that also provide power at the simultaneously? I have different panels and disconnects for each of the different systems, so they would be powering different panels (loads).
Sponsored

tearitupsports

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I have a 2023 Lighting ER, and I am currently using the power from the Pro Power Onboard (PPO), both the 7200 watt circuit and the 2400 watt circuit to power my home at night. If I install a Home Inegration System (HIS), would that also provide power at the simultaneously? I have different panels and disconnects for each of the different systems, so they would be powering different panels (loads).
I just confirmed that you can run HIS and PPO at the same time. I was only running small loads, but I dont see any techincal reason why they can't all run at the same time.
The only issue is that PPO requires the truck to be on. The HIS transfer actually turns off the truck, and thus shuts off the PPO. The truck can be restarted and PPO turned back on while HIS is already running though.

OP
OP

IWIRE

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Electrical Consultant
Thanks. I need a little more out of the truck than the 9.6 kW from the PPO, and getting 9.6 kW from the HIS would allow me to store all my excess solar and run my home with my stored solar at night. I told my Ford salesman that I was really buying a battery, that just happens to have a truck sitting on top of it.
Sponsored