jimfigler

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
I have a similar charger cord issue to deal withā€¦.Iā€™ve been looking at this as a solutionā€¦ā€¦.. https://www.rockler.com/workshop-accessories/workshop-organization/ceiling-track
Iā€™ve seen people show photos or on YouTube with outside charging. Their cords sometimes run under the garage door or just along the driveway from an outside mounted charger. So it canā€™t be terrible. I understand ideally Iā€™d like it off the ground especially to reduce a tripping hazard.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
Yeah, my goal is to alleviate the trip hazardā€¦keeps peace in the family šŸ˜ƒ

Iā€™ve been charging outside lately as my 14 yr old garage door spring failed recentlyā€¦.the door came down hard, damaging itā€¦have to replace it since they donā€™t make the sections anymore. I bought this to keep the pressure off my FCSP charger cordā€¦it was the only one I could find that would fit around the chargerā€™s ~0.8ā€ Dia. cordā€¦. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BK51SVB1?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Dperez523

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning XLT
I get my new Lightning delivered tomorrow (bought it out of state) and the only thing giving me heartburn is whether itā€™s going to fit in my garage. Per the specs, I should have a 5 inch clearance

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
Oops. To get 3 more feet I had to relocate a few chainsaws, bicycles, lawnmower, tablesaw, raft of tool boxes, heavy shelving, 2 massive rolling shelves, Lewis Winch, golf clubs, rolling tool chest.. and Iā€™m still not done šŸ„µ! And my ā€˜99 7.3 F250 used to sleep there!

Ford F-150 Lightning Fits in garage.. IMG_0048

Sponsored

Scott Libre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Space Lazer Repair Technician
I get my new Lightning delivered tomorrow (bought it out of state) and the only thing giving me heartburn is whether itā€™s going to fit in my garage. Per the specs, I should have a 5 inch clearance
How did it fit? After getting a build notice from Ford yesterday, I measured and we have 8 inches to spare.

Dperez523

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning XLT
How did it fit? After getting a build notice from Ford yesterday, I measured and we have 8 inches to spare.
I was so excited when I was able to close my garage door. I mean with like 3 inches to spare. I bought bumper pads and installed them on my back wall

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
Ford F-150 Lightning Fits in garage.. carport drive thru.JPG
boy, now I'm going to admit that I'm thankful that I have a open, pull-thru carport, with a horseshoe driveway to the back of the house..... it's so much easier than having to back in, or deal with garage 'doors', and 'tight' spaces.... now, if I could just pull my CAMPERs thru, too ... oh well : /

Refactoringdr

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2023 Lightning Platinum (ER)
My garage parking hack. Get the truck placed perfectly and then placed a piece of duct tape on the floor that perfectly aligns with the top-edge of the front license plate holder (have to have them in IL) in the front camera. Since the camera comes on automatically when getting close to the front wall, I can easily get the positioning perfect (with about 1 in. to spare in the rear).
Sponsored