2" Level, Fuel Vector Wheels

cyclops

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning, 2022 Mach-E, 2023 Raptor R
I was asked in another thread to post the details of my truck.

2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat

Before the lightning I had a 2018 Raptor, and post lightning purchase I picked up a 2023 Raptor-R for trails and off-roading (It's alright, I judge me too......). After having the two raptors, I didn't like that my daily looked like "Grandpa's old truck", so figured I could try to help that without spending much on the lighting.

I had a set of Fuel Vector wheels sitting around, so figured I would put them on the lighting (I personally don't think they are a good choice for lightning (Aesthetically), but better than the stock wheels. I paired them with Toyo Open Country AT3 tires (My favorite tire in that class, can talk more about them if you care too).

Finished it up with a 2" Rough Country leveling kit and a tint on everything but windshield.

Efficiency
I think it is common knowledge now....but that leveling kit killed my efficiency. I live in Iowa where we get some wicked wind and some pretty cold temperatures, so that doesn't help. This last winter I averaged about 1.5-1.8 @ 70mph. Since the leveling kit I have not seen anything consistently above 2.1. For road trips I throw the stock wheels and tires back on (To save life on the Toyo's), but it doesn't seem to make much difference in efficiency.

Life with the truck
I live in a crazy rural location, which results in a ton of miles. Just over a year now and sitting at 23,000 miles. I'd estimate that 25-30% of that is towing a 16' box trailer. The lightning replaced both an old F250 and F150 Raptor......The power and weight of the Lightning makes this better than both at towing the 16' trailer with ~8500lbs of weight (Assuming you can live with the terrible range when doing so). My towing is always less than 100 miles round trip, and I have never needed to DCFC while towing (And would likely not take the Lightning if I knew I would have to).

Aside from the recalls and CSP, I have not had to take the truck in at all. Generally charge to 70% unless I know that I'll be towing, then I go to 95%. We do road trip quite a bit, so it has seen some DCFC in it's life. The truck (via carscanner) is reporting 98% SOH on the battery, so happy with how it is holding up (Especially compared to our Mach-E with less miles (82%)).

The interior is not holding up as well as I'd like. We've got two big dogs and a toddler....and the truck gets used, so I guess some wear is expected. The drivers seat in the Lariat trim seems to be fairing very poorly, but most of the unacceptable wear is in an area that a holster is constantly rubbing at it. The seat just seems to be wearing much worse than I've seen on other trucks over this period of time.

If you've got any questions about my truck or my life with the Ligning, let me know.

Ford F-150 Lightning 2" Level, Fuel Vector Wheels a1.PNG
Ford F-150 Lightning 2" Level, Fuel Vector Wheels a2.PNG
Ford F-150 Lightning 2" Level, Fuel Vector Wheels a3.PNG
Sponsored

reffahcs

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
Looks very nice! I thought a lot about getting a black F-150 but ultimately in Florida I felt like it was just going to be a giant heat magnet. I do prefer black vehicles though, had a Civic that was black and an F-150 that was black.
Those wheels and tires like awesome though. I think you should get the white lightbar treated with some smoked tint/wrap, that would look sick.

OP
OP
cyclops

cyclops

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think you should get the white lightbar treated with some smoked tint/wrap, that would look sick.
Yeah, I like the way that a tinted lightbar looks during daytime, but it seems they all look a bit off when dark out and lightbar is on. Do you know of any lightbar tint that looks good at night?

Ice No More?

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, F450
Occupation
Aviation Professional
That is a sweet looking setup. What offset are those wheels and what tire size did you go with? Toyo has that tire in an "EV" version now that I have been eyeing.

OP
OP
cyclops

cyclops

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That is a sweet looking setup. What offset are those wheels and what tire size did you go with? Toyo has that tire in an "EV" version now that I have been eyeing.
The Fuel Vector wheels in 18" size come with a +1 offset. Tire is 33x12.50r18. Yeah, next set of tires will be the Toyo EV version, but wasn't around when I got the set I have now.
Sponsored