Sponsored

22" Lightbar installed in Front Bumper / Active Shutter area

derelict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT ER
I finally got all the wiring done for this project and successfully fired everything up so I wanted to share. I have been going down a rabbit hole with lightbars and wanting to mount it somewhere on the front grill, bumper, etc. I bought and returned a whole bunch of cheapo Amazon things, just part of the discovery process. I really had my heart set on the diode dynamics stage series, but they only had an 18" bar. I wanted to mount the bar to something solid, so after watching this video, I realized I could mount it to the metal part of the back of the front bumper:

So I decided on the Auxbeam because it is 22", has both and amber and white DRL, and yes, I know what everyone says about buying chinesium stuff but the Auxbeam feels pretty solid and is on the higher end of the cheap stuff.

Ford F-150 Lightning 22" Lightbar installed in Front Bumper / Active Shutter area IMG_1584

I also installed a switchpros 9100 so I could control everything, when I get a chance I'll write more about that. I started out with the Auxbeam AR800 and while I think that system is fine, the deal breaker for me was that everything defaults to off when you start the car. So if you wire your DRLs or the grill marker lights in my case, you have to press a button every time you start the car for them to come on. With the switchpros you can have a default on state. So a lot more $$ for the swithpros, but ultimately I do think the SP is a good system and I am happy with the switch.

Ford F-150 Lightning 22" Lightbar installed in Front Bumper / Active Shutter area IMG_1581

Ford F-150 Lightning 22" Lightbar installed in Front Bumper / Active Shutter area IMG_1581 (1)
Sponsored

EdRudy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Lightning ER Iced Blue Silver
Occupation
IT
I'm usually not a fan of bling lights all over the place, (the lightning already has way too much), but I kind of like the way your setup looks. Subtle, clean and nice.

DatOleMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat and 2022 Mach e Premium
I finally got all the wiring done for this project and successfully fired everything up so I wanted to share. I have been going down a rabbit hole with lightbars and wanting to mount it somewhere on the front grill, bumper, etc. I bought and returned a whole bunch of cheapo Amazon things, just part of the discovery process. I really had my heart set on the diode dynamics stage series, but they only had an 18" bar. I wanted to mount the bar to something solid, so after watching this video, I realized I could mount it to the metal part of the back of the front bumper:

So I decided on the Auxbeam because it is 22", has both and amber and white DRL, and yes, I know what everyone says about buying chinesium stuff but the Auxbeam feels pretty solid and is on the higher end of the cheap stuff.

IMG_1584.jpg

I also installed a switchpros 9100 so I could control everything, when I get a chance I'll write more about that. I started out with the Auxbeam AR800 and while I think that system is fine, the deal breaker for me was that everything defaults to off when you start the car. So if you wire your DRLs or the grill marker lights in my case, you have to press a button every time you start the car for them to come on. With the switchpros you can have a default on state. So a lot more $$ for the swithpros, but ultimately I do think the SP is a good system and I am happy with the switch.

IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_1581 (1).jpg
Man, that’s a nice look. Watch out!