4X4 System differences

crsavage1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Sorry to hijack this thread a bit, but I just had Vertex coil overs installed at a shop. Went to pick the truck up last night and when leaving the parking lot, made a horrible clunk noise and tore the CV boot open dumping the grease. Went in and told the guys and they asked if I hit a curb....anyhow they are taking care of the boot but this seems super odd to me. I was curious if either something was amiss in the EIWE and it began eating something inside or what. The reference to the thread about another person with a new truck clunking struck an interest but didn't see it anywhere. I suspicion is something else is not right with mine. No way a CV boot just tears open without something being seriously wrong with CV angle etc. I confirmed with RC that they are approved for the 2021's but something smells way off and I am concerned. Anyone else with a lift run into thunking/clunking or things amiss with the EIWE?
Sponsored

AccentedWanderer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 5.5. 2018 Audi Q5
Sorry to hijack this thread a bit, but I just had Vertex coil overs installed at a shop. Went to pick the truck up last night and when leaving the parking lot, made a horrible clunk noise and tore the CV boot open dumping the grease. Went in and told the guys and they asked if I hit a curb....anyhow they are taking care of the boot but this seems super odd to me. I was curious if either something was amiss in the EIWE and it began eating something inside or what. The reference to the thread about another person with a new truck clunking struck an interest but didn't see it anywhere. I suspicion is something else is not right with mine. No way a CV boot just tears open without something being seriously wrong with CV angle etc. I confirmed with RC that they are approved for the 2021's but something smells way off and I am concerned. Anyone else with a lift run into thunking/clunking or things amiss with the EIWE?
Or maybe they have done a shitty job and not installing the CV joint correctly?