• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Accurate CAD files for headlights and taillights (or: anyone with a 3D Scanner?)

alexose

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 C-Max, 1999 F150
I'm looking for accurate 3d models of the headlights and taillights, and I'm not quite sure where to begin. It would be nice if Ford offered them through official channels, but I don't think they do.

In lieu of this, does anybody have a quality 3d scanner that they could use to capture the shape of the of the headlight surrounds / taillights? I would be happy to pay for your time.
Sponsored

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Curious why?

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
I know very little about 3d scanning, but apparently there is an app for the iphones with the lidar based camera that will do 3d scans. My phone is Android, so I can't try it.

OP
OP
alexose

alexose

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 C-Max, 1999 F150
I was going to try 3d printing translucent covers for my headlight surrounds and taillights.

Vinyl tint doesn't work particularly well, and I don't want to spray tint them, so this was my next best idea.

Sponsored