First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
yes, today it just came to me: I [really] like my truck...

I know, it sounds a little 'late to the party', maybe... but, the reality is, we can get really excited about the
reservation back in May of '21, and get even more excited when the 'time to order' email finally arrives in
January of '22, and wait and wait and wait, and yes, wait some more, to finally have my truck 'arrive' at
the dealer, with baited breath, and having already 'paid in full' for it a week before... yes, excitement time,
for sure...

and, while these forums tend to give us an outlet to 'talk' about our excitement, enjoyment, the journey,
any feedback, and generally good conversations to back up what we all already feel, and know...

it just dawned on me...

while sitting in the truck....

with it ON...

constantly...

all day....

never 'turning it off'...

crazy.

Yes, my life right now is in support of my wife's career: we have left the newer KIA EV9 at home for
several months while we 'work' in another state, working on a career advancement for her, even
after her already successful 29+ years of teaching... specialized teaching...

I dropped her off at her workplace.

I ran up the road a few miles, in traffic, in SPORT mode, of course, and even on the interstate for a
short distance, to pick something up at Home Depot. The truck stayed ON while I shopped.

I then traveled a short distance over to a Tesla Supercharger at a WaWa station to get some juice.
Left the truck ON the whole time. It charges my laptop while I am 'working' while charging, too.
LECTRON adapter works great. Easy. All DC Fast Charging should be this easy. No worries. It just works.

I then traveled across 'town' to a Level 2 'free' charger to sit at, in the shade, while I worked on the
truck's TONNO cover. It leaks. I have now fixed it. That's a story for another conversation. Extang Encore.
Tri-fold. Folds from the front, or folds from the back. Works great. Leaks.

I then took a long walk, since I was at a park. While I intended on charging there, a Tesla decided that
it would take up the one working handle and it's owner was no where to be found. Oh well. Left the truck
on the whole time I was gone.

I took some time to head 'home', a special 'pool house' apartment, and really nice, since, obviously, it
has a POOL(!)... ate a quick lunch, threw some laundry in to start, then went back to the truck, still ON,
waiting for my next adventure.

I traveled into the middle of 'town' to another Level 2 'free' Chargepoint unit which is hosted by the same
city. This one was free, as in vacant, and worked just fine. I decided to do some 'laptop' insurance work,
issued some policies, check some customer's inquiries, and pumped the jams while 'waiting'. The a/c
feels really good. It's ALWAYS on this time of year.

about that time, my wife was ready to be picked up to head 'home', so off again to the 'other' side of town.

I had to wait a while, since she was delayed. THIS IS THE MOMENT of the reason for this conversation...

It just came to me. EVs are not just 'better' at many things, versus their traditional counterparts, as well
all know, but this truck just lets me LIVE IN IT. There's never a real reason to 'turn it off' as you would
certainly do with most any other vehicle. Sure, some diesel trucks, especially for construction and specialty
businesses may stay running for hours to retain their a/c, I find that this truck, and EVs in general, don't
present that same 'worry' about fuel usage and, of course, the off-gassing that comes with it. There is no
worry about 'engine life', or the number of hours of 'idling', or other other concerns. It just keeps working.
It makes no noise. It doesn't 'care' whether it's ON or OFF. It just works.

LIFE is better in an EV.

My Life is better in this truck.

The cyber truck at the other end of the Superchargers this morning did not even get my attention.
The Rivian in front of me this morning meant nothing.
The thousands of Tesla 'something or other model' on the roads today did not even turn my eye.

I like my truck.
Sponsored

OP
OP
hturnerfamily

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
Ford F-150 Lightning ...after 43,000 miles, I like my 'truck'... '22 F150 Lightning PRO Model A and the LIGHTNING! 1922 to 2022....JPG

OP
OP
hturnerfamily

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
Ford F-150 Lightning ...after 43,000 miles, I like my 'truck'... '22 F150 Lightning PRO KEYPAD paired successully

OP
OP
hturnerfamily

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
Ford F-150 Lightning ...after 43,000 miles, I like my 'truck'... '22 F150 Lightning PRO June 23 part removals

OP
OP
hturnerfamily

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
Ford F-150 Lightning ...after 43,000 miles, I like my 'truck'... '22 F150 Lightning PRO 8 25 2022 LIGHTNING Bell Mountain GEORGIA.JPG

Sponsored
OP
OP
hturnerfamily

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
Ford F-150 Lightning ...after 43,000 miles, I like my 'truck'... '22 F150 Lightning PRO TWEET to Jim Farley - it's everything you said it would be

OP
OP
hturnerfamily

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
and I don't mind saying, as the charging infrastructure grows, [and it is], and the addition of NACS Supercharger options, it is becoming more and more 'comfortable' and less 'worrisome' when traveling...

I don't think nearly as much about it anymore, as I did back in 2018, when we bought our first 'EV', a nicely used 2014 Nissan Leaf, with a 'maximum' range of maybe 70 miles, on a good day
: ) (and, CHadeMO, to boot!)

On the Road with Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Occupation
Real estate/biz consultant
Hi, too, have a 2023 Pro with 34,000 miles on it (it’s also silver). Reservation placed on Premier night in May 2021; took delivery in January 2023. It may be the best vehicle I have owned in my life (and I’m 69 years old). Eight road trips of more than 1500 miles, despite charging infrastructure that falls far short of where it should be. Still waiting for my Ford NACS to CCS adapter.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi, too, have a 2023 Pro with 34,000 miles on it (it’s also silver). Reservation placed on Premier night in May 2021; took delivery in January 2023. It may be the best vehicle I have owned in my life (and I’m 69 years old). Eight road trips of more than 1500 miles, despite charging infrastructure that falls far short of where it should be. Still waiting for my Ford NACS to CCS adapter.
We're so glad you're enjoying your F-150 Lightning, Ralph! We'd love to see a pic! If you're interested, we can help set up a Guided Virtual Tour of your F-150 Lightning to learn all the tips and tricks to have the best experience. Please send us a DM if you are interested in more information.

Sponsored

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
That’s a very nice color!

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
We're so glad you're enjoying your F-150 Lightning, Ralph! We'd love to see a pic! If you're interested, we can help set up a Guided Virtual Tour of your F-150 Lightning to learn all the tips and tricks to have the best experience. Please send us a DM if you are interested in more information.
sometimes the Ford
Did whoever responded to Ralph from the Ford Customer Service team even read his post? He's got 34,000 miles on his truck and is asking if Ralph wants to schedule a "guided virtual tour". Are you kidding If anything, Ford needs to have Ralph and/or other high mileage Lightning owners to give Ford a tour os what we think good and bad.

Sounds like there is a bonus/commission attached to scheduling those "virtual tours"

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
sometimes the Ford

Did whoever responded to Ralph from the Ford Customer Service team even read his post? He's got 34,000 miles on his truck and is asking if Ralph wants to schedule a "guided virtual tour". Are you kidding If anything, Ford needs to have Ralph and/or other high mileage Lightning owners to give Ford a tour os what we think good and bad.

Sounds like there is a bonus/commission attached to scheduling those "virtual tours"
Looks like an AI fail based on picking words from his post. I had zero help with the Ford PM on my Mach-e so have little faith in them.
Sponsored