• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Any others have issues with fiberglass cap leaking?

markitzero

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX
New Leer cap install and I found leaks a week later. Others here ever have similar issue?
My leaks seem to be primarily on windoor latches and removable front window....water will pool on front edge of cap and typically drip off of corners. Parked outdoors in rain and not caused by auto car wash.

Ford F-150 Lightning Any others have issues with fiberglass cap leaking? FFA69074-615D-4E18-B58E-2A2F66D9558F_1_105_c
Sponsored

Jaylars

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 5.4 XLT SCREW and 2021 5.0 XLT SCREW
Occupation
Military
Leer 100XR. Yes. Seems like the removable front window and the drivers side slider is leaking. Not much though and hopefully not going to be an issue. My removable window squeaks like crazy over rough terrain. I had to place weather stripping in the frame to stabilize it. The frame looks like a 5 year old built it.
I also noticed some paint issues, drips and orange peel. I had a Leer on the old rig and it was 100% solid, no issues for 13 years except rear window lifts were replaced. This Leer seems like their standards have dropped.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
New Leer cap install and I found leaks a week later. Others here ever have similar issue?
My leaks seem to be primarily on windoor latches and removable front window....water will pool on front edge of cap and typically drip off of corners. Parked outdoors in rain and not caused by auto car wash.

FFA69074-615D-4E18-B58E-2A2F66D9558F_1_105_c.jpeg
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

OP
OP
markitzero

markitzero

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX
Leer 100XR. Yes. Seems like the removable front window and the drivers side slider is leaking. Not much though and hopefully not going to be an issue. My removable window squeaks like crazy over rough terrain. I had to place weather stripping in the frame to stabilize it. The frame looks like a 5 year old built it.
I also noticed some paint issues, drips and orange peel. I had a Leer on the old rig and it was 100% solid, no issues for 13 years except rear window lifts were replaced. This Leer seems like their standards have dropped.
Yes, the removable front window seems to have sealing problems.
I visited the cap dealer yesterday and they found a pinhole in the windoor and made adjustments to the seal on the front window since it was barely touching around the frame. Leaks were especially noticeable when parked downhill.
Sponsored