• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Are my ventilated/cooled seats working correctly?

dww

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, Tesla 3P, YP
What level of cooling should I expect from the ventilated cooled seats? In 95-100 degree weather I can barely tell if they are doing anything. It’s maybe one notch of extra cooling compared to the AC and my back and rear are still hot. If I lift up I can feel the air circulating a bit but as soon as I sit back down it stops. Is that normal? The passenger seat seems to to a better job. I weigh 190lbs so I don’t think I’m on the “squishing it beyond design” scale. This is my only vehicle ever with ventilated seats so I don’t have a good comparison. Is this how everyone’s is? On a scale of 1-10 of “extra cooling” in addition to the AC I would give it a 2.
Sponsored

2000Firehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Based on the 2+ years with my truck, I would say your experience is pretty much online. My seats make a lot of noise and don’t really do much cooling. I usually describe it as keeping the seat neutral in temp. My Ram will actively cool the seat and your backside while you feel much more movement of air vs the Lightning.

Reactions: dww