• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Are Pro seats actually different beside vinyl?

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Not that crazy at all when you consider they ripped out the seat covers. Put new ones on, ran power and everything for heated and cooled seats as well as powered lumbar with the installations of cut outs in the seat frame for the buttons to activate everything.
I’m hard pressed to think of many leather options on a vehicle that aren’t $1.5k at least. Add heated seats for $500 and cooled are almost always part of a more expensive luxury package. Lastly account for the labor that is much more expensive and time consuming than doing it in the factory (2 days for my work) and $2900 or so is a bargain in my mind
I understand it's a lot of work to do it just wouldn't of guess the high of a price that's all

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
I understand it's a lot of work to do it just wouldn't of guess the high of a price that's all
When I was shopping Katzkin a month or so ago it seemed checking the box for the cooled seats is what made it pricey, otherwise someone else recently did the PRO Katzkin treatment with just heat and it was like $1300 installed or something close to it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
When I was shopping Katzkin a month or so ago it seemed checking the box for the cooled seats is what made it pricey, otherwise someone else recently did the PRO Katzkin treatment with just heat and it was like $1300 installed or something close to it.
That’s right. And then there was extra for the custom color. I think another $200 or so. Otherwise they can match the original vinyl almost perfectly which is absolutely a good option. Just depends what you’re looking to do with your truck

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
That’s right. And then there was extra for the custom color. I think another $200 or so. Otherwise they can match the original vinyl almost perfectly which is absolutely a good option. Just depends what you’re looking to do with your truck
I may go that route still with my XLT, but want to see how "base model" the cloth feels before I do that. Definitely happy they included heated seats across the board now so may make things a little easier on the wallet...or if it is close to the seats in my Frontier I may not even need to lol.

Am I reading it correct that the price is "installed" and they refer you to a local shop to do the work?

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
I may go that route still with my XLT, but want to see how "base model" the cloth feels before I do that. Definitely happy they included heated seats across the board now so may make things a little easier on the wallet...or if it is close to the seats in my Frontier I may not even need to lol.

Am I reading it correct that the price is "installed" and they refer you to a local shop to do the work?
The Katzkin price was higher than my shop. Depending on your moral compass I just called the shop they were saying they would use first to get a feel for their experience. They were extremely competent and I priced it out with them directly (not telling them katzkin referred me) and they came in much lower. No need to pay katzkin a premium to outsource it I figure. Katzkin is still making money cause they sold the configuration to my shop.. make sense?

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
I like the seats in the Pro. I get the no power, but it would be nice if the could have the lever that raised up and lowers the height of the seat that most lesser trim vehicles have. I like to sit up high, and the Pro seats are about an inch or two low IMO, but I got used to it.

I came from an ICE Platinum, which had great seats. Son has an XLT. Pro seats are definitely different. I describe them as gushy. Although they don't have lumbar support, that should not be an issue for long drives, because you will be stopping every 3 hrs to charge.
The missing height adjustment is odd. The rest of the missing adjustments don't bother me. If it is uncomfortable, I'll get one of those wooden bead seat covers my dad had 40+ years ago. ;)

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I’ve ordered a Pro, and one of the questions I’ve had for months now is how different are the vinyl pro seats than any of the other trims (except platinum)? Are the seats generally the same composition with just different materials?

if the pro seats really suck I could always retrofit a raptor wheel and seats into my Pro and have a cheap beast… who needs a sunroof or massage seats anyway..
The seats are significantly different than the other trims, both in terms of the structure and the materials as there is no lumbar support.

I found the height of the seats are lower than I would like as I’m not all that tall. The materials feel nicer than I expected, but they do get hot/sticky. I found the seats to be very soft and comfortable for the most part, and have not experienced any back pain from sitting and driving in it.

For reference, I can not say the same about my Tesla Model S, nor my Rivian R1T which is adjustable; but I can’t seem to find a comfortable back setup and ultimately experience pain after 3-4 hours.

Overall I have been pleasantly surprised by the seats in the Pro.
Sponsored