Sponsored

Bedliner Shop Nicked Up the New Truck

justerik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat POWERBOOST
Hey there, I am new to this and so any recommendations would be great. I am not looking to take the bedliner shop to task but rather find out how to repair what was damaged either on my own or by a shop. I would love to know what you all would recommend. Photos attached.

1. Alloy wheel scuffs caused by I have no clue what?
2. Topcoat paint gouge under the passenger tail light probably caused when they reinstalled the tailgate.

Ford F-150 Lightning Bedliner Shop Nicked Up the New Truck IMG_0857
Ford F-150 Lightning Bedliner Shop Nicked Up the New Truck IMG_0858
Ford F-150 Lightning Bedliner Shop Nicked Up the New Truck IMG_0862
Ford F-150 Lightning Bedliner Shop Nicked Up the New Truck IMG_0864
Sponsored

OP
OP

justerik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Update: I have touch up paint getting delivered to my local service dept today. That will take care of the paint nick. The outfitter who did the spray in is going to find a wheel shop to buff out the damage paid for by the outfitter.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Sounds good so far. Because, I'd certainly take them to task!

s.v.t.

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Building..
You're too nice. Seems to me if they're going to take care of the scuff on the wheel then more than likely they're responsible for the scratch under the passenger tail light. Personally I'd have them pay to get it fixed the right way.. You did just pay them to install a bedliner, right? They didn't discount or give it to you for free because of these damages? The thought of me paying for their damages that were caused when I paid them to install a bedliner would keep me up at night on the principle.

OP
OP

justerik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hey there SVT! Thanks for the reply and you're not wrong at all. I was probably way nicer than I should have been but I did get closure on the issue. The spare wheel finally arrived in August and the local Ford dealer replaced it, all paid for by the bedliner shop. I took care of the paint touch up on my own and asked a few friends and family to try and spot the defect. No one could until you got up close and pointed it out.

I have decided to just put this one behind me and I take about 50 photos of the truck whenever I take it somewhere for service.
Sponsored