• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BlueCruise Random "Resume Control" Panic Alarm?

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
Made a 1200 mile trip this week and on 4 separate occasions the BlueCruise absolutely freaked out for seemingly no reason. My truck is a Job 1 updated to 2.5.3 via FDRS with BC working for about 3 weeks now. This week was my first chance to really leverage BC with a road trip, and while I was mostly happy with the BC performance, this one alert was particular unsettling, especially the first two times. While riding in a BC zone, with BC enabled, the truck would suddenly kill the radio, start beeping (the same sound as "keep your eyes on the road alert" only faster) and be flashing "resume control". This lasts for about 20 seconds, and nothing you an do seems to be able to interrupt it. Hitting the brakes or jiggling the steering wheel did not stop it. This happened every time on straight sections of road with clearly marked lanes that should not have confused the truck. I did not receive any "eyes not he road" or "hands on the wheel" prompts before the panic alerts, in fact one time it happened less than 5 seconds after BC had kicked back in after a lane change.

Sure seems like a software bug, anyone else seeing this?
Sponsored