• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Body colored door handles options?

DH0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning (Wave 3 Order)
So I went with the XLT SR for a few reasons the biggest of which are we have other vehicles for road trips and it will end up only being ~$47k vs $72k for the Lariat ER after the federal tax credit.

But I hate the black door handles (!!!) and am looking for a quick and easy solution.

I've found these guys that offer custom painted body-colored door handles for the ICE F150 but they're surprisingly expensive for a 4-door + smartkey ($550).

https://shop.bfntruckshop.com/shop/ols/products/2021-ford-f150-bronco-painted-door-handles

Any other options? Maybe I'm just being a cheapskate (has been known to happen).
Sponsored

REDHORSECA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning XLT SR - 5/30 Build, ICE F150 XLT Sold
Occupation
R&D
I'm going to do this mod.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
I'm going to do this mod.

So if you do this mod and your 12V battery goes flat how do you get into the car? If you prerun leads to the battery that are accessable from the outside you could charge the battery, but without that the car could be locked with no way to get in. The release for the frunk and battery access would be inside the locked car.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
So I went with the XLT SR for a few reasons the biggest of which are we have other vehicles for road trips and it will end up only being ~$47k vs $72k for the Lariat ER after the federal tax credit.

But I hate the black door handles (!!!) and am looking for a quick and easy solution.

I've found these guys that offer custom painted body-colored door handles for the ICE F150 but they're surprisingly expensive for a 4-door + smartkey ($550).

https://shop.bfntruckshop.com/shop/ols/products/2021-ford-f150-bronco-painted-door-handles

Any other options? Maybe I'm just being a cheapskate (has been known to happen).
You can have them painted by a local body shop.

You can vinyl wrap it.

You can try to plasti dip it yourself

You can buy handles and do a swap.

You can change your order to the black color.

REDHORSECA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning XLT SR - 5/30 Build, ICE F150 XLT Sold
Occupation
R&D
So if you do this mod and your 12V battery goes flat how do you get into the car? If you prerun leads to the battery that are accessable from the outside you could charge the battery, but without that the car could be locked with no way to get in. The release for the frunk and battery access would be inside the locked car.
I'll just put some 12V SAE charger pigtails to the 12V battery terminals or the jumper terminals, accessible from outside the vehicle.

krusshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 VW ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2016 Ram 1500

That product looks like a cover which goes over a base using double-sided tape. Is that the OEM setup? I'm familiar with Ram where you have to disassemble the entire door to remove and install the door handles if you want to switch them.
Sponsored