• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Bug Deflector Journey

Briansk12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost
Thought I would post to help you guys with decisions if you are looking at or planning on installing some sort of hood protector/bug deflector. I went down a rabbit hole trying to find one that will look good but not mess up the hood.
Started with the Ford bug deflector that sits off the hood. Liked it but it made wind noise so took it off. Mounting hardware is good.
Next was the Aeroskin II. Liked it and had it on for a couple of months. Took it off because it did weird things with the air going through my vents. On windy days the it was like someone was turning my fan from low to high over and over. When I took it off there were already some small scratches in the paint from the edge of the protector. I was able to buff most out.
Next up was the Bugflector II. Fit was terrible. Holes did not line up to mount it correctly. Gave up when it cracked trying to line the holes up.
I then tried the Aeroskin. These are nice but at the end of the day couldn’t stop thinking about the scratches the Aeroskin II made so took it of. Sure enough, more scratches in the short month it was on. Also these ship in a box that was usually crushed by time I received it. AutoVentshade was good and sent new ones but it was a pain. The third one finally came undamaged.
I am finally down to my final decision. Either nothing or the EGR Supershield. By far the EGR is the best. Mounts like the Ford oem using the same hardware. It does not make noise and is a touch smaller. It is solid and out of them all I think this is the best made. Attached are some pics of it in case you haven’t seen it.
Hopefully this helps someone that is thinking about these.

Ford F-150 Lightning Bug Deflector Journey F7471C60-C90E-4F5F-8B25-B104F1F0E8DC

Ford F-150 Lightning Bug Deflector Journey 7B504FC3-4876-4A4E-B68A-35DBADE98306
Sponsored

Mo21F150

First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Superintendent Bags On / HVAC & Plumbing