Sponsored

Buy Back - Who went this route? What was your experience?

AI_Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER
Occupation
Accredited Investor
Currently with a Lemon Law attorney for a buyback since Ford denied mine as well. Didn't know you could ask more than once! My experience so far is that my truck is still in the shop, the lawyer has made the complaint with Ford and it will be several months before anything comes of it according to them. I am hopeful. I'm out the money and the truck...sucks.
Maybe the KY laws tend to favor the dealerships?
Sponsored

Turbodonkey

First Name
Johnathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning, 2022 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Retired
The Kentucky lemon law is what it is, it's four times in the shop for the same thing without a repair or 30 calendar days in the shop. The problem is you have no way of forcing Ford to do anything unless you get a lawyer really they can just deny it. It's been trouble from the start and Ford doesn't seem to care at all. They've got their money and it feels like they thumb their nose at you right after.

Last edited:

AI_Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER
Occupation
Accredited Investor
The Kentucky lemon law is what it is, it's four times in the shop for the same thing without a repair or 30 calendar days in the shop. The problem is you have no way of forcing Ford to do anything unless you get a lawyer really they can just deny it. It's been trouble from the start and Ford doesn't seem to care at all. They've got their money and it feels like they thumb their nose at you right after.
It seems almost certain though you should prevail to include full retail back + attorney fees - so many on forums have quite easily succeeded given Lightnings are lemons too often - so am unsure what is going on w/FMC for you - please keep me updated.

Turbodonkey

First Name
Johnathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Nothing to do but wait. Sucks!

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired Pilot
Currently with a Lemon Law attorney for a buyback since Ford denied mine as well. Didn't know you could ask more than once! My experience so far is that my truck is still in the shop, the lawyer has made the complaint with Ford and it will be several months before anything comes of it according to them. I am hopeful. I'm out the money and the truck...sucks.
Were your truck problems a disability to drive it? I am considering it as well but everything in my truck works fine except 7 mo no OTA. The dealership forced modular updates but I still have not received any OTA updates for the last 7 mos. Your thoughts?

Sponsored

Turbodonkey

First Name
Johnathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Yes, multiple issues both safety and disabling.

AI_Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER
Occupation
Accredited Investor
Yes, multiple issues both safety and disabling.
Best of luck - just got my '23 Lariat back after 20 days & plan a buy back in late summer - BlueCruise is still acting up & 40+ days in service in 5 months with more to come - Washington state makes it quite easy - spoke to their AG office - are you planning similar in your state?

AI_Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER
Occupation
Accredited Investor
Were your truck problems a disability to drive it? I am considering it as well but everything in my truck works fine except 7 mo no OTA. The dealership forced modular updates but I still have not received any OTA updates for the last 7 mos. Your thoughts?
You may be recording error codes though for scanning - OTA's are critical to keep all safety/performance issues at bay - as well my 12v battery was just replaced/BMS too which can prevent OTA's - pencil in a buy back later perhaps.

sr3jan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat
To those of you who went the buyback route, what is the transfer experience? Does Ford give you a certain number of days to drop the truck off at your dealer? TIA
Sponsored