• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Cancelled my reservation -- getting my $100 refunded

Tell It Right

First Name
Tell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Too long a wait. Too high a price. I'm one of those who believed Ford's teaser in their first F150L announcement that the extended range F150L would be just $10K more than the bare bones standard range.

In many ways my 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac has more capability than the F150L. The 2.4 miles/kWh just wouldn't work as well as the 3.0 miles/kWh (even account for AC-to-DC conversion) I'm getting from the 2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited RWD EV I wound up getting in June.

One reason I was looking at the F150L is because it's truck shape is easy for us tall people to get in and out of (unlike the clown cars many EV's are). But the I5 is great for us tall people -- and a lot better throughput and with faster charging than the F150L. Thus, with my 20kW of home solar (I upgraded this year) and 92kWh of battery storage I'm almost always able to power my all electric two story home and charge my EV without pulling from the grid. If I had a low miles/kWh F150L I'd had have to pull from the grid more often to still drive as many miles as we drive the I5.

So I'll keep my ICE pickup. We drive it every once in a blue moon when we have pickup type chores or have to split up into 2 cars for the day, or take a trip through a charging desert. Except for those times, we're happily putting most of our miles into the Ioniq 5 EV -- and loving it!
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Congrats on loving your Ioniq 5 EV, good EV for sure.

There is no doubt the Explorer Sport Trac is very capable, enjoy.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Sensible choice.

Sponsored

sen7inel

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, Model Y
Occupation
IT
I'd totally rock an Ioniq 5 had I missed out on 2022 pricing and was not in a position to wait. Enjoy a great EV!

Shady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xlt
enjoy that 100 bucks :)
at least you do not need it for gas
Sponsored