• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Defective Rear Window Defroster?

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
I picked up my truck a week ago. Today was my appt for tint. While the tint shop had the truck, they called me advising that the defroster lines in the back window were incomplete, and they suggested holding off on the back window tint until I get that resolved, since it's likely to be a window replacement.

Upon pickup, they showed me what they were talking about. I don't think I could photograph it, but it can be seen in person. The lines are incomplete inside the glass. Like the path is there, but the lines don't run the rull length.

Anyone else seen this? I figured I'd reach out to the dealer, but I wanted to present it here, in case anyone else has already dealt with this issue.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I picked up my truck a week ago. Today was my appt for tint. While the tint shop had the truck, they called me advising that the defroster lines in the back window were incomplete, and they suggested holding off on the back window tint until I get that resolved, since it's likely to be a window replacement.

Upon pickup, they showed me what they were talking about. I don't think I could photograph it, but it can be seen in person. The lines are incomplete inside the glass. Like the path is there, but the lines don't run the rull length.

Anyone else seen this? I figured I'd reach out to the dealer, but I wanted to present it here, in case anyone else has already dealt with this issue.
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your F-150 concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.