• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Help please! Rear passenger window won't roll up?

OP
OP
Zaptor

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
.......... Trophy husband
what did you wind up doing??? Mine is doing the same exact thing, clicking in the door unless I hold the switch down. Window won’t go up at all.
Dealer replaced the relay and the motor, motor was stuck in the "on" position and was hot and burned the mechanic, just like the other report.

Yes, carrying a garbage bag or two and some tape is *always* a good idea, especially if this failure happens to your truck.
Sponsored

hankdough

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L SR | 1991 Bronco
Adding my voice to the choir of the rear passenger window being stuck down/open. My truck fell victim to the problem this morning -- probably have rolled that window down only a handful of times in 8 months. I can hear the switch clicking, but as others have pointed out, the motor is likely stuck "on". Further cementing this conclusion is that I only momentarily pressed the down switch this morning, and the window rolled all the way down like it would with one-touch.

My local dealership can't schedule me for over a week (I'll be traveling then and planned to park the truck at the airport (yikes)) and the next closest dealership with any service availability is a 45 minute drive down the interstate. Fun times. At least there's no rain in the forecast, and it's not the middle of winter/summer...

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Adding my voice to the choir of the rear passenger window being stuck down/open. My truck fell victim to the problem this morning -- probably have rolled that window down only a handful of times in 8 months. I can hear the switch clicking, but as others have pointed out, the motor is likely stuck "on". Further cementing this conclusion is that I only momentarily pressed the down switch this morning, and the window rolled all the way down like it would with one-touch.

My local dealership can't schedule me for over a week (I'll be traveling then and planned to park the truck at the airport (yikes)) and the next closest dealership with any service availability is a 45 minute drive down the interstate. Fun times. At least there's no rain in the forecast, and it's not the middle of winter/summer...
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Lightning concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
What an annoying issue. How does a vehicle with such high volume have a low reliability part like this? Sounds like it might be worth ordering a spare window motor to have on hand. Anyone know the part number?

EDIT: Poking around the ICE F-150 forums it seems like it the driver's door master switch is what typically fails. Looks like the switch module is pretty cheap.

EDIT 2: The question is why is it ALWAYS the rear passenger window. Most likely speaks to a design issue on Ford's side, not a problem with the switch itself.

Last edited:

Sponsored

tehviking

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Just happened on our 2023 Lightning. Rear passenger window, stuck completely open, right before a 2 hour drive home from a campsite in the rain 🤦… off to the dealer tomorrow.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Just happened on our 2023 Lightning. Rear passenger window, stuck completely open, right before a 2 hour drive home from a campsite in the rain 🤦… off to the dealer tomorrow.
That really sucks for timing. Seems it is time Ford issues a recall on this motor - there have been quite a few failures and of course this can never be at a good time. I see I posted a year ago and didn't do it, but this is where you would hope to have a big trash bag with you. Put over the top of the door and close.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
That really sucks for timing. Seems it is time Ford issues a recall on this motor - there have been quite a few failures and of course this can never be at a good time. I see I posted a year ago and didn't do it, but this is where you would hope to have a big trash bag with you. Put over the top of the door and close.
It's the drivers control switch assembly that has the relays in it.
It's a problem across the f150 range.

Very common. Happened to me last summer, was able to manually put the window up and disconnect the motor until the switch arrived. Requires pulling the interior door panel off the affected window.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
It's the drivers control switch assembly that has the relays in it.
It's a problem across the f150 range.

Very common. Happened to me last summer, was able to manually put the window up and disconnect the motor until the switch arrived. Requires pulling the interior door panel off the affected window.
We know exactly what the issue is. We know exactly which trucks are affected. It's not a recall because it's not a safety issue. From a customer service standpoint Ford absolutely should be sending their mobile service teams out to replace this for everyone, but until it starts catching fire or causing accidents, it's a warranty issue.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
We know exactly which trucks are affected.
Since it's all f series models, the big problem is part availability. Took my dealer a month plus to get the switch in.

The part was designed to be small, light and cheap but obviously the little contactors were no match for the rear motors.

Sponsored

ijustice

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning lariat
Occupation
Baller
Since it's all f series models, the big problem is part availability. Took my dealer a month plus to get the switch in.

The part was designed to be small, light and cheap but obviously the little contactors were no match for the rear motors.

I just had the same thing happen to me today. Really sucks because I have to move my girls into college. Not having my truck will suck.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just had the same thing happen to me today. Really sucks because I have to move my girls into college. Not having my truck will suck.
Your dealer or any skilled mechanic can pop the door panel off and manually raise the window and leave the connector unplugged so your vehicle is still useable. The repair takes mere minutes if they have the part.
Sponsored